Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
Flooring Solutions Technician
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Flooring Solutions Technician. As a Service Technician, you will coordinate with Sales Engineer to provide an exemplary level of service to our customers, demonstrate skills and performance in the use, operation, set up and repair of all company equipment. This position is a senior level technician and requires the individual to demonstrate a level of professionalism through positive communication and appearance that will be respected by other service personnel.
• Performs all levels of repair on-site.
• Keeps track of rental equipment (inventory) and coordinates deliveries, pick-ups and service calls with customers.
• Maintains warehouse area.
• Operates company vehicle safely and maintains a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record free from points.
• Keeps records and maintains company vehicle. This includes: washing, oil-changes and general safety inspection. Any defect or variation from normal performance should be reported to the supervisor.
• Maintains and tracks company tools and supplies. (Broken tools should be brought to supervisor for replacement.) Provides own tools as outlined.
• Communicates professionally with customers, managers, and sales engineers to schedule deliveries, pick-ups and service calls.
• Completes appropriate paperwork for deliveries, pick-ups and service calls.
• Directs customers to sign appropriate paperwork. Keeps track of serial numbers.
• Delivers and installs rented equipment. Trains authorized operator (and/or customer) on safe use of equipment.
• Implements proper and safe procedures
• Works with managers and sales engineers to maintain accurate records and tracking of in-stock and rented equipment.
• Demonstrates a professional and courteous demeanor to customers.
• Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication. Takes accurate phone messages and has a clear, professional manner when speaking with customers. Communicates effectively with staff.
• Is on call for emergency service and is available on a rotating schedule for emergency service response calls on weekends and evenings.
• Cleans and tests returned equipment making sure operation and appearance is up to standards.
• Successfully troubleshoots and completely understands the operation, function, specifications, capabilities and controls of any piece of rental equipment. Understands advanced electrical motors and controls and their operations.
• Basic math skills
• Must be at least 21 years of age in order to operate commercial vehicles
• Sweeper/Scrubber and Surface Preparation product line background preferred
• Valid driver's license free from points, required
• Some after-hours and weekend work will be required during peak times
The base pay range for this position will be $ 20.15/hr. to $ 25.18/hr. This salary range represents Sunbelt’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting, but may be adjusted for geographic location, experience, and skills. This position may also be eligible for Sunbelt’s Hourly Profit Share Plan, as such Plan exists from time to time.
Sunbelt also provides a comprehensive benefits package to its full-time employees. This package includes health, dental and vision plans, 401(k), PTO, volunteer time off, short-term, and long-term disability, accident, life and travel insurance, as well as flexible spending, tuition reimbursement, college savings, EAP and length of service awards. You will become eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days from your start date.
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.