To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- HICKORY, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Ryder Logistics & Transportation • HICKORY, NC
Posted 8 days ago
CAREER PROGRESSION - EXCELLENT BENEFITS!
Call Jordan Thompson at (904) 314-9377
This position performs major and technically difficult diagnostics, repairs, and overhauls/rebuilds in a timely manner; ensuring quality, time standards, customer expectations, cost guidelines and reliability goals are met. The T4 works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and mentors other Ryder technicians on a regular basis.
The Technician IV provides the highest level of experience and expertise in vehicle diagnostics and repair. The position also plays a key role in the leadership, development and training of other grade technicians. The T4 may specialize in areas such as: refrigeration, electronics, exhaust systems, etc., and should possess a combination of extensive vehicle transportation experience, ASE certifications, and/or multiple Ryder Qualifications.
- Ability to perform all T3 tasks
- Must have demonstrated advanced analytical and repair skills in vehicle maintenance
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Must have basic computer skills: PC, Windows, mouse, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be available to work shift work/weekends and on call duty as required
- Prefer ASE Certification in PM, Brakes, A/C, electrical, Electronics or ASE Master Mechanic
- Required to operate shop computers and diagnostic test equipment proficiently
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must road test vehicles as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/influence others
This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.Responsibilities
- SBTIII trained within 180 days (SBT220)
- Complete all OEM on-line diagnostic scan tool software courses as required by location fleet mix. (completed within 365days)
- Complete Instructor led OEM courses as required to support location fleet mix.
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties including:
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Performs complex repairs with minimal (if any) support.
- Demonstrate the ability to access and use internal and external maintenance documents
- Diagnoses and repairs complex mechanical and electronic problems with minimal (if any) support, utilizing diagnostic computers/software when applicable.
- Performs remote triage to with RCRC and customers to determine best solution to assist roadside breakdowns.
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature of complaint once assigned a task.
- Instructs and advises other technicians regarding maintenance repair procedures and diagnostics
- Coaches/Mentors other level technicians
- Advise shop management and other technicians on shop repairs
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic documentation available
- Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT)
- Other support duties as required to support operations. These could include but are not limited to Service Island support.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.