Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families facing the end of life. Regional Clinical Directors oversee a team of clinical directors and work to ensure clinical and operational excellence. The Regional Clinical Director is a critical leader within the hospice team who ensures that the program has regulatory compliance and sound procedures within the office. For many of our team members, this is more than a career—It’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as the Regional Clinical Director to positively impact the experiences of our patients and families.
The Regional Clinical Director is an individual contributor at the regional level to provide leadership development for program clinical team members, high-level program clinical and quality analysis, direction and leadership for performance improvement related to clinical care delivery, service, and quality outcomes, as well as overall guidance and support for regulatory and compliance matters. As the Regional Clinical Director, you will support the identification of solutions and the implementation of quality and performance improvement efforts through coaching, guidance, and education for clinical leadership in the program.
The Regional Clinical Director assesses the quality of care provided to hospice patients, families, and staff. As the Regional Clinical Director, you will monitor documentation, compile quarterly reports, and work closely with Program Leadership.
- Advises and collaborates with Program Management (Executive Director, Managing Clinical Director, Director of Clinical Services, etc.) to address areas of improvement regarding clinical documentation and patient care.
- Partners with each program in assigned region to determine needs. Coordinates frequency of site visits to meet the identified needs of each program.
- Maintains expertise in clinical knowledge of pain and symptom management and end of life care. Utilizes clinical knowledge to coach and mentor clinical leaders to drive clinical excellence and outcomes.
- Ensures training and education are provided at the program level by collaborating with Program Leadership.
- As needed, provides day to day support via phone, email, or visits to Program Management and colleagues concerning outstanding issues of patient care, appropriateness and compliance.
- Provides support via phone or visit as needed for state/federal/accrediting surveys.
- Develops, in coordination with Program Management, plans of correction in the areas of clinical compliance. Subsequently monitors Program execution of plans of correction.
- Advises the Clinical Vice President and Regional Vice President regarding the clinical and compliance needs/concerns of each program.
- Reviews and recommends revisions to policies and procedures in accordance with updated state and accrediting body standards.
- Maintains patient confidentiality requirements.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Participates in governing body oversight to achieve excellence in quality and service.
- Ensures compliance with clinical and operational policies, procedures and processes.
- Collaborates with program and regional leadership to analyze and strategize methods to achieve clinical and operational metrics.
- Collaborates with program and regional leadership in the selection, on-boarding, development and retention of new leaders.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Thorough understanding of the Medicare Regulations for Hospice and the functions of a hospice organization
- Ability to travel
Education and/or Experience
Registered Nurse with active, current nursing license. Minimum of five years of proven leadership in Clinical Operations, Performance Improvement, or equivalent hospice/home care leadership required.. Experience managing multi-sites in different geographic locations preferred. Bachelor degree in nursing or health care management and proven leadership experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Must have a valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.
URL blocked - click to apply
Training And Development