You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Data Engineer - HCE - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Join Optum HealthCare Economics (HCE) team as a Senior Data Engineer where you will utilize your technical, analytical, and reporting skills to cater to the fast-changing needs of the business across the globe and contribute positively towards organization's corporate vision, mission & goal and hone technical knowledge, experience on continuous basis to take up challenging roles and responsibilities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support the HCE onshore and offshore teams through development and presentation of reporting and analytics using a variety of data sources and serve as analytics consultant for different level projects.
- Support complex analytic projects leveraging data from multiple sources
- Leverage analytical expertise: data analysis, data manipulation, data extraction
- Work with HCE team on continued expansion of data infrastructure needs, research, updates, and developments
- Develop and support end to end ETL process utilizing Databricks and other tools
- Help team formulate strategy to move to cloud technologies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Engineer in SDLC
- 3+ years of experience programming in SQL writing Stored Procedures and query performance optimization
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing ETL Architecture using tools such as Azure Databricks/Apache Spark with development expertise on batch and real time data integration
- 1+ years of experience with Cloud Databases specifically Snowflake
- Experience in programming with Python, PySpark or similar language
- Demonstrated facilitation, critical thinking, problem solving, decision making and analytical experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Orchestration tools, Azure DevOps and GitHub
- US Healthcare experience
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Apache Spark
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Technologies
- Computer Programming
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2154092
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.