To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2045 Story Avenue
Bronx, NY 10473
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Facilities Manager (Residential exp. required)
Related Management Company • Bronx, NY
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Related Companies is the most prominent privately owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales.
Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi, London, and Shanghai and boasts a team of over 3,500 professionals. The Company’s portfolio of over $50 billion in real estate assets owned or under development is made up of best-in-class mixed-use, residential, retail, office and affordable properties in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets. Related has developed preeminent mixed-use projects such as Time Warner Center in New York and CityPlace in West Palm Beach and is currently developing the 28-acre Hudson Yards project on Manhattan’s West Side. Related also manages approximately $3 billion of equity capital on behalf of sovereign wealth funds, public pension plans, multi-managers, endowments, and family offices. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
Related also owns Equinox® Fitness Clubs and SoulCycle further expanding the company's capabilities into the health and fitness arena and enhancing the value of its properties through an exclusive, branded amenity and lifestyle offering. Related is a partner in CORE, a boutique residential brokerage. For more information about Related Companies please visit www.related.com.Responsibilities
Related Management is seeking a Faclities Manager to manage multiple disciplines on multiple properties across the Bronx. In compliance with all company policies & procedures, EEO, Human Rights statues & Fair housing requirements, the Facilities Manager is to maintain an elevated level of quality and efficiency on all aspects of preventive maintenance, capital improvement / project management, required inspection compliance, identification & troubleshooting efforts & special projects as assigned.
The Facilities Manager’s tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide Emergency response assistance, coordination and project management.
- Major Capital improvement specification development & execution.
- Monitor, organize & provide directives in association with Environmental requirements (ACM’s, LBP’s, UST’s, Mold, etc…) for each asset / project.
- Technical & troubleshooting assistance to solve MEP, building envelope & related building components / system deficiencies & emergencies.
- Provide assistance to comply with Federal, State & Municipal inspection requirements.
- Conduct periodic Property condition inspections & reports.
- Research, coordinate and execute projects in accordance with Section 504 and ADA requests & requirements.
- Monitor, report & provide assistance to Regional management to minimize resident work order repair & unit turnover response times & completion.
- Develop & implement a Preventive Maintenance program, specific to the needs of each asset.
- Monitor & assist re-curring (annual, etc.) contracted services to ensure key systems are serviced and operational (heating, dhw systems, life safety, etc.).
- Provide guidance & feedback on personnel recommendations & performance.
- Identifies major building improvement/repairs/replacements, establish job specifications and the scope of work for each project. Reviews competitive bids, provides recommendations. Issues regular updates of the status of planned improvements/repairs and projects in in progress.
- Supervise building improvement/repair projects to assure compliance with job specifications, contract documents and building regulations and codes.
- Perform written site inspections, targeting specific areas which may need additional improvement. Inspections should include observations of general cleanliness, preventive maintenance, mechanical system performance and curb appeal/site presentation issues.
- Participates in annual budget estimate to identify present and future maintenance/technical needs for the properties.
- Assists in initial screening interviews of superintendents and/or other maintenance job categories, where needed.
- Collaborates with Regional and local site staff as well as 3rd party resources to formalize a preventive maintenance program.
- Reviews properties to assure compliance with all fire and safety codes and regulations. Suggests precautionary repairs where risks begin to appear.
- Troubleshoots, any/all major building mechanical problems and works to solve problems timely and cost effectively.
- Interfaces with Regional and site staff to assure that RMC’s building standards (particularly with respect to building cleanliness, apartment turns and preventive maintenance) are always maintained.
- Insures that all measures are taken to maximize energy efficiency, provide recommendations for implementation where required.
- Notifies of any incidents that may result in an insurance claim or any potential liability problem that poses a risk to persons & property.
- Provides technical training to on-site staff, where necessary, in the areas of technology, building systems and environmental issues, to maximize productivity and strengthen our commitment to “promoting from within” for future employment opportunities.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and building code requirements, including health, safety and environmental issues.
- As assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in facility maintenance, supplies & repairs.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting testing equipment.
- Knowledge in the proper and safety techniques of building maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook)
- Working knowledge of Yardi software
- Ability to select and oversee the work of consultants and contractors for building repairs and renovations.
- Ability to organize, analyze, interpret and evaluate problems and provide practical, cost effective solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and monitor work activities according to priorities, established schedules, deadlines and emergencies.
- Frequent travel to sites.
- Must be willing to work various schedules.
- Must be accessible to respond to off-hour emergency situations.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer