To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gurnee, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Nurse - ACT
Thresholds • Gurnee, IL
Posted 2 months ago
Join us in changing people’s lives! Thresholds is a community mental health agency, which serves individuals with serious mental health needs within the community. We assist our members with independent living skills, coping skills, crisis intervention, medical, housing and benefits.
Thresholds, a national leader in mental health services, is a recipient of the Chicago Tribune “Top Workplaces" for five consecutive years and a 10-time winner of Chicago’s “101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For". Through our more than 75 Chicagoland locations and 30 innovative programs, Thresholds provides healthcare, housing, and hope for over 15,000 adults and youth.
The Nurse functions as a primary practitioner who monitors each member's clinical status and response to treatment utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation to assist individual with mental illnesses to achieve rehabilitative, resilience and recovery goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visits members at their homes or in the community to assess medical and psychosocial needs, develop plans to meet needs, provides services according to nursing standards, and monitor clinical status and response to treatment. Provides consultation to ACT team regarding members' medical issues.
- Serves as a resource for the ACT team on general medical issues.
- Works closely with all consulting psychiatrists and medical doctors as assigned. This may include but is not limited to: medication administration, scheduling appointments and coordinating care as indicated by the member's service plans.
- Attends to members acute medical issues providing interventions as appropriate.
- Responsible for the development and review of members' Individual Treatment Plans (ITP) and Mental Health Assessment (MHA). This requires face to face meetings with client or guardian to identify goals, objectives, specific mental health services needed, and identification of staff responsible for delivering the services.
- Provides direct service to members through group counseling/therapy, case management, assertive community treatment, job support, crisis intervention, and psychosocial rehabilitation services either in the community or on-site at a Thresholds location.
- May oversee or participate in the assessment of members to determine the need for service, identify and investigate available resources, explain options available to the client and assist in the application process. Intervenes with collateral sources, agencies, bureaucracies, facilities, and families on the members' behalf.
- Advocates and assists with problem solving/resolution that will help the client access and utilize support from the community or family. Participates in the implementation of a Thresholds Service Plan. This may require cooperation with the psychiatrist, other team members, the member, their families, and collaborating agencies.
- Performs comprehensive member assessments in order to gage functioning levels and community supports. Works cooperatively with inpatient hospital staff, keeping logs and other records of all contacts as required by agency practice. Performs and participates in crisis intervention when necessary.
- Assures that all Thresholds procedures regarding the handling of member's funds are followed and that both the members and the Thresholds administration are assured that all safeguards, reports, and accounting meets the highest standards. Other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- May be required to be on call for emergency response coverage.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of Nursing. Master's preferred
- Experience working with persons diagnosed with mental illness preferred.Ability to synthesize and summarize information and make judgments regarding patient care.
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to provide information to patients and healthcare personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently.
- Computer skills required; knowledge of database functions and maintenance necessary. Daily access to a personal vehicle is required.
- Must obtain and maintain $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 liability insurance coverage. Subject to validation every 6 months.
- Licensed Registered Nurse required. Current and valid driver's license required.