To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sandy, UT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Billing Representative - Sandy, UT
UnitedHealth Group • Sandy, UT
Posted 17 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Billing Representative is responsible for supporting the back - end billing function for National Med Trans. The primary goal is to ensure maximum revenue for our clients. With strong attention to detail and the ability to think outside the box, the Billing Specialist would be responsible for delivering top services by fixing claim rejection errors, resolving any claim edits, working all relevant billing reports and responding to inquiries from various internal and / or external sources.
- Accurately and correctly submit government and non - government claims
- Review customer accounts ensuring claims are accurate and billable
- Identify and resolve claim edits and understand billing guidelines and payer requirements
- Proactively fix claim rejection errors and resubmit claims based on payer requirements
- Initiate contact and respond to inquiries from various external sources
- Work with 3rd party payers to understand claim rejections and errors
- Finding solutions to secure payment through appeals processes
- Comply with all government and third - party payers regulatory mandated requirements for billing and collections
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information under HIPPA guidelines
- Meet departmental productivity and quality standards in time frame given upon completion of training
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months experience communicating and following up with claims and insurance plans
- 6+ months experience billing government and non - government claims
- 6+ months experience working in a healthcare setting
- Understanding of basic medical terminology
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- 1+ years experience using Analytics software (Tableau)
- 1+ years experience using medical billing software (HIPPA Suite, Cirus EDI)
- Experience working with 3rd party payers to appeal claim denials
- 6+ months of account reconciliation
- Enhanced communication and customer service skills
- Ability to be self - directed, coupled with exemplary time management skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
- Able to work and collaborate in a team environment as well as independently
- Proven record of helping process improvements
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords:UHG, Sandy, UT, billing, account receivable, claims