Community Initiatives is a division of BakerRipley that builds on the unique economic and social assets of individuals and their neighborhoods, moving them to self-sufficiency and an improved quality of life. Largely supported by private philanthropic investment, our community-based programs engage and connect individuals to the resources that meet their emerging needs and aspirations. We provide a continuum of services including small business education, civic engagement and enrichment activities, immigration and citizenship services, and programs for youth and seniors.
The Manager of Community Development manages the day-to-day operations of the BakerRipley Harbach Campus. Oversees and leads the daily integration of all agency programs working and offering services in the Community Center. Manager will be responsible for leveraging resources and overseeing budget to align to program plans.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee community center events, operations, and logistics
- Lead and implements Appreciative Community Building strategies
- Leverage rental strategies to expand revenue generation streams
- Manage Community Center Staff
- Develop, implement and manage programs housed at the center
- Monitor budget and ensure programs remain on target with revenues and spending
- Submit budget recommendations for annual projections
- Work with agency internal and external stakeholders
- Develop coordinate and foster relationships with neighborhood leaders, businesses, nonprofit agencies, and advisory committee members
- Collect and compile all data and evaluations required for compliance management and accountability reports.
- Monitor accuracy of all agency internal data management system
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree required in Social Work, Psychology, Education, Sociology or related field
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
3+ years' experience in community outreach, team work, event planning and service connection
Supervisory experience required
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Texas Driver's License with appropriate insurance coverage and ability travel throughout the city.
CPR and First Aid certification required within 60 days post hire
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Computer literate and proficient in use of Windows, Excel, MS Word
- Familiarity with community resource
- Willing to work flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience using the 'Asset Based Community Development Approach' and/or 'Appreciative Inquiry' a plus.
- Knowledge of TDPRS requirements regarding licensed school-age care programs
Proficient in use of Windows, Excel, MS Word
Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
BakerRipley is committed to the principles of equal employment. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any status protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
Social Media Platforms
Creative Content Development
Recommend Appropriate Strategies