Junior Controls Engineer
FrankCrum Staffing is recruiting for a Junior Controls Engineer in the Tampa Bay area. The associate will design and manufacture industrial automation machinery, specifically packaging machinery targeted for the pharmaceutical industry. We are looking for committed and experienced engineers that are looking for a steady career. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop control system architecture for new packaging equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and control systems for packaging equipment.
- Develop customized automation systems including hardware and software for packaging equipment.
- Design, implement, and support PLC and operator interface systems.
- Perform modifications to existing equipment in order to meet customer needs.
- Creation of electrical schematics, panel layouts, and supporting system documentation.
- Develop systems which include motion control, PLC control systems, temperature control systems, and inspection systems.
- Work well with fellow engineering and assembly personnel.
- Manage control system projects from design to build; including install and debug phases.
- Perform revisions to electrical schematics, panel layouts, and supporting documentation throughout the life of the project.
- Develop process understanding in order to improve efficiency as well as the overall product.
- Limited travel will be required for installation and support of equipment.
- Programming experience or courses to include motion control, PLC control systems, and HMI development.
- Ability to manage projects required - coordinating with various departments within the company and customers.
- The ability to work with people in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- Attention to detail is a must in order to thoroughly document all designs.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting.
Education and Experience:
- Packaging equipment experience a plus.
- Experience with project skills (e.g. scope, budget, schedule, etc.).
- Technical curiosity is critical.
- BS Electrical Engineering.
- Related experience or courses.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 16354 when responding to this ad.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: FrankCrum_16354
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The FrankCrum family of businesses, what we call “A Family of Employer Solutions,” includes three operating companies: FrankCrum Staffing, FrankCrum (a Professional Employer Organization – PEO) and Frank Winston Crum Insurance.
View the full profile
It all started with staffing when Frank Crum, Jr. and his father, Frank Crum, Sr., founded The Great American Temporary Service in 1981 to serve candidates and clients with clerical and light industrial positions. Growth continued in 1986 with the establishment of AmeriStaff, a Professional Employer Organization that offered workers’ compensation insurance, payroll and HR administration for small businesses.
Renamed FrankCrum in 2007, the PEO now offers a full range of HR services, including payroll, employee benefits, HR consulting services and workers’ compensation insurance. In 2003, Frank Winston Crum Insurance was established to serve the insurance needs of the PEO clients and other organizations. Now, a new generation of the Crum family shares in the leadership of the business. Matt Crum, Frank’s son, is President of Frank Winston Crum Insurance, and Haley Crum, his daughter, is President of FrankCrum Staffing and Vice President of FrankCrum Client Operations.
Over the last 11 years, Frank Winston Crum Insurance has grown from a single-state insurance carrier to one that is licensed in 37 states and continues to expand. The company also added a line of business, general liability insurance, and for the past several years, insurance policy sales are not limited to FrankCrum PEO clients. In addition to regional and product line growth, FWCI has enhanced its value- added services. What hasn’t changed, though, is the firm’s commitment – echoed throughout the family of companies – always to “Do the right things for the right reasons.”