Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mgr, BI & Data Analytics Product to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 5461
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Information Technology
Work Location : Davidson, NC (CSC)
State or Province : North Carolina (US-NC)
Potential Work Location : United States : North Carolina : Davidson
JOB TITLE: BI and Data Analytics Product Manager
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
At MSC, we are growing our Analytics team and investing in forward-thinking BI and Data Analytics solutions. As we build out the team, we are looking for a smart and innovative leader who is self-sufficient and thrives in ambiguity, has experience in Analytics, and can drive results across MSC bridging business and technical areas. This is an opportunity to be a part of a special milestone, help us build the future of Analytics at MSC, and ignite a data-driven culture. The BI & Data Analytics Product Manager will drive Business Intelligence and Data Analytics portfolio for MSC’s end to end data products. This position will interface with senior management across various streams of the company presenting strategies and project updates. The Product Manager partners with key stakeholders within MSC to draft and ratify the data products that will drive execution of MSC’s strategic objectives. This is an agile environment which requires the role to be flexible, self-driven and remain hyper-focused strategy, grand vision of the product by producing product roadmaps and MVP targets.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prioritizes, plans and manages product features through the product development process in support of the enterprise BI & Data Analytics.
- Owns the business case and outcomes as well as embedding the results into business operations.
- This role uses business strategy, data/analytics, user experience, customer feedback and technology to create seamless customer experiences, both internal and external facing. Collaborating with business leaders, identify beneficial areas to enhance data quality, reliability and opportunities for data acquisition with consideration to effort vs benefit.
- The primary responsibility for defining all product requirements and communicating those requirements to the technology delivery teams.
- The Product Manager uses research and collaborative methodologies to analyze their business and prioritize their product backlog appropriately. They attend all business reviews, supplying product/feature results as necessary. They provide input into business cases when new or enhanced products/features are being developed.
- The Product Manager responsible for leading cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute the design and implementation of a company-wide framework for analytics that will meet heightened standards for governance and risk management in an increasingly centralized data and technology environment.
- Stay current with latest cloud technologies, patterns, and methodologies; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key stakeholders. May be required to present ideas to larger audience for review and buy-in.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
*INDICATES ESSENTIAL DUTIES
To perform this job successfully an associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, experience level and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of wide-ranging analytics experience, in areas such as SQL based analytics, business intelligence and reporting, machine learning/ statistical modeling
- Minimum of eight years of experience working effectively on analytic teams, and delivering on business needs, and partnering closely with technology
- Minimum of three years of experience with operationalizing analytic solutions and integrating them with production data sources
- Minimum of five years of experience in product and/or experience management
- Minimum of two years strategy and/or digital product delivery experience in executing world-class digital product and/or experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in an agile software environment
- Minimum of two years demonstrated delivery of business result
- Minimum of one year of experience in product design preferred
- Experience working with Data Science teams highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally in a large organization
- Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into quantifiable actions/deliverables
- Resource Management Skills- ability to determine supply and demand and obtain necessary resources across a matrix organization to complete the work successfully
- Strong Knowledge about Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Burn Down Metrics, Velocity etc.
- Strong knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand team needs includes fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 15% of the time may be required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.