Success Stories Responsibility and Inclusion
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning - powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed - however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers - whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The Substitute Teacher is responsible for delivering specific course content in an online environment. Substitute Teachers provide instruction, support, and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs. They will also monitor student progress through K12's learning management system. They work closely with students and parents/Learning Coaches to advance each student's learning toward established goals. Substitute Teachers typically work from home but may need to travel occasionally throughout the year to various school functions, such as state testing or as otherwise required by the school.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Takes ownership for students' academic progress and attendance, communicating high expectations and showing active interest in students' achievement;
* Prepares students for high stakes standardized tests;
* Conducts live synchronous teaching - minimum of 15 hours per week;
* Asynchronously supports objectives, including composing/sending emails, planning course objectives, preparing learning plans, and using data to determine student needs;
* Collaborates with local/regional/national teams and teacher trainers regarding instruction, resources, interventions and data-driven decision making;
* Makes self open and available to be coached on a regular basis with administrators and teacher trainers;
* Under guidance from principal and coach, augments course content according to prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools;
* Submits grades and required student work ensuring student academic honesty and integrity; Maintains grade book; makes placement and promotion decisions by generating formal and informal reports regarding student progress, alerts administrators to concerns about student performance and progress.
* Establishes and maintains positive rapport with families and regularly communicates with students and learning coaches/parents;
* Elementary and Middle School Teachers support learning coaches/parents with student curricular and instructional issues in a virtual classroom environment that is in line with academy policies and procedures;
* Supports students and learning coaches with the set-up and maintenance of their learning environment including basic computer troubleshooting;
* Understands how both diverse and unique characteristics of students and their families impact required support;
* Works collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all students are successfully progressing through the program, that parents have a central point of contact, and that tasks are distributed among the stakeholders;
* Responds to students, parents, and colleagues in timely manner.
Other Essential Functions
* Organizes social and educational activities for students and families, including sponsorship of virtual clubs, outings, marketing events or other extracurricular activities as required;
* Travels to testing sites to proctor state exams.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree
Certificates and Licenses: None
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Ability to embrace change and adapt to ensure excellent student outcomes
* Ability to problem solve independently and have a high level of organization
* Understanding of interdependency of deadlines on multiple projects and able to act to preserve integrity on other people's deadlines
* Ability to work independently, typically 40+ hours per week
* Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during workday, typically 9-5 (or 8-4) or as defined by the school
* Ability to travel as required (on average once per month and/or approximately 10% of the time) for face to face professional development, student testing, and as required by school
* Access to reliable high-speed internet
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word; PowerPoint;
* Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms
* Ability to maintain fluency in K12 systems, programs and curriculum
* Ability to clear required background check
* Experience working with proposed age group
* Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
* Experience working in a virtual environment
* Experience teaching in an online (virtual) and/or in a brick and mortar environment
* Experience with Blackboard Collaborative, Newrow, or other online platforms
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This position is virtual and strongly prefer residents of Texas. May consider residents of surrounding states.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person's education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position's work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required to travel (if any), external market, and internal value when determining a new employee's salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position's level and expected contribution, and the employee's benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
* We anticipate this position will pay between $11.54 to $28.96 per hour. The upper end of this range is not likely to be offered, as an individual's compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cat be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Learning Management Systems