Applicants must possess active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Responsible for providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Designs and plans network systems. Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards. Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Configures and installs various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS). Conducts testing of network systems. Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization. Works within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure. Performs network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations. Monitors network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability. Monitors system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning. Works with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution. Provides Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
“This role is not yet funded'Education
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.Qualifications
8+ years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
Candidates must hold or be willing to take a polygraph.
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Onsite Gym – get your workout in before work, during your lunch break, or at the end of the day
- Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Installations (Computer Systems)