Company is a Technology Solutions Provider of cloud hosting, technology support, network security and compliance, and design and solution consulting. We are committed to providing best in class service to our clients as well as helping our people grow and reach their potential. We live by the idea of work hard and play hard. We are like family and we are passionate about what we do! If you think this is the right environment for you, we are currently seeking the newest addition to our team.
The VP of Operations is responsible for managing existing operations and implementing new operations processes within the organization; managing expectations across all stakeholder groups; sharing responsibility for project success; the day-to-day management of IT organization processes, including performance management, plan monitoring and evolution, metrics development, and management; recommending and managing infrastructure improvements; developing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with operational policies and procedures; and maintaining computer operations, network, and telephone capabilities by utilizing a combination of internal resources as well as external vendors. '
The VP of Operations must have extensive management experience as well as specific knowledge of computer systems & networks, policies & procedures, and strategic planning. This role will be responsible for all levels of engineers as well as the IT infrastructure for multiple clients with a wide range of operating systems.
- Responsible for directing and managing department heads in Service Desk, Professional Services, Project Management and Customer Service
- Propose, implement, monitor, and lead enforcement of IT policies and best practices to ensure organizational well being
- Oversee all key aspects of IT operations, such as: servers, security, networking, storage, telephony, end user computers, mobile phones, etc. making sure the company is adequately resourced and operating efficiently
- Prioritize initiatives, assign tasks, assign resources, and oversee implementation of all internal project initiatives
- Creation, implementation, and ongoing testing and modification of business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Ensure compliance with necessary policies and gain appropriate technology and procedural certifications (i.e. SSAE 16 / SAS 70, ITIL, etc.)
- Create strategic project plans and manage strategic projects through to completion according to timelines
- Ensure that that all technology solutions are designed in accordance with industry best practices
- Maintain cost effective operations and deliver new solutions in a timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements
- Leadership - Proven work experience as an operations leader
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Creating, managing and implementing processes and associated metrics and KPIs
- Communication - Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Presentation – Ability to present ideas and results to various stakeholders across the business including staff and senior management
- Planning – Ability to stay ahead of the current environment to ensure that plans for the future are clearly defined and a path is outlined for all to follow
- Initiative – Ability to work alone when necessary while staying keenly aware of when it is appropriate, or even necessary, to step in and take the active lead of the team when hurdles arise or deadlines are tight
- Implementing and maintaining best practices with IT systems in the workplace and emerging technologies.
- PERFORMANCE GOALS
- Maintain and enhance work environment and operational efficiencies
- Define and implement operational initiatives to improve productivity and enhance profitability
- Assist with the growth of revenue goals and projections
- Ensure corporate infrastructure systems are properly maintained, patched, updated, backed-up, and VP of secure.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in the field of computer science, engineering, or business administration and/or 10 years applicable work experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in Information Technology industry
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in management of IT infrastructure and IT professionals
- Considerable knowledge of business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Knowledge and/or interactivity with the following technologies/products:
- Microsoft Operating systems
- Microsoft Office products
- Microsoft 365 environment
- Server and desktop virtualization via Citrix, VMWare, and Microsoft
- Firewall and Routing technologies (non-vendor specific)
- SAN and NAS technologies (non-vendor specific)
- ITIL foundation (preferred)
- Complete data Backup strategies