If you are looking for an opportunity to make things happen, this is the job for you! The Accountant is a key member of the accounting department who is responsible for ethically performing tasks that are in compliance with all laws, regulations, and company policies. These tasks include, in part, maintaining the organization's cost accounting system and providing daily variance analysis; preparing the monthly and quarterly forecast and analyzing and communicating any changes; and managing the fixed asset and capital acquisition program. The Accountant also assists in the preparation and review of financial operating reports, as well as, presenting findings and recommendations to management.
Primary Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries to document business transactions; inputs journals into accounting system.
- Analyzes financial information and prepares related balance sheet account analyses. Fixed Asset Processing and Reporting.
- Analyzes respective p/l accounts for unusual fluctuations.
- Research reconciling items and ensure all items are cleared timely through thorough research
- Works with a/p and payroll departments on GL items to ensure accuracy of general ledger accounts.
- Prints and distributes monthly financial reports. Handles Sales & Use Tax.
- Assists in establishment, documentation and implementation of accounting controls.
- Cross-trains with other members of accounting department as considered necessary.
- Submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements (include, but not limited to):
• BS degree in accounting, finance or relevant field (CPA or working towards your certification a plus)
• Minimum of 2+ years experience in general accounting role
• Experience in PeopleSoft preferred
• MS Office Suite (Proficient- Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
• Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
• Great customer service and attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
Standard Accounting Practices