OVERVIEW: The PROS Case Associate/ASL REQUIRED provides program participants with supportive and psychiatric rehabilitation services. The program aims to help each participant achieve a psychiatric rehabilitation goal related to housing, work, education and/or socialization and help participants integrate into the community.
RESPONSIBILITIES, under direct supervision of the clinical team, include but not limited to:
- Responsible for assessment, service planning and provision of services for assigned caseload, under the supervision of the social worker.
- Meet individually with participants to provide PROS services.
- Recording progress notes for the record and for groups.
- Making appropriate referrals to other agencies as part of discharge plans.
- Planning and facilitating wellness, skills-building and rehabilitation readiness groups, under the supervision of the social worker.
- Participate in program activities aimed at helping individuals reach their goals.
- Provide information, advocacy, support and outreach/engagement services to clients.
- Perform clinically-focused case management activities, including linkage and referrals, coordination of plans between various service providers, and involving family in treatment.
- Provide structure to the client, evaluate and assess usage of independent living skills, and provide guidance in these areas to the client.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Prepare material for and participation in treatment conferences. May participate in intake, assessment, discharge and follow-up treatment conferences.
- Communicate in a timely, responsible way with other members of the treatment team for purposes of appropriate client care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BSW Degree, with some experience in a community or social service group.
- Experience working with adults who are mentally ill strongly preferred.
- Good writing skills.