Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership’s assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
Tap into the professional possibilities of the largest publicly traded energy partnership that features one of the most diversified cash flow streams in the midstream segment of the energy industry. With dynamic career opportunities and a creative and supportive environment, our unique midstream energy organization offers the chance to share and be recognized for your ideas. Join our team and increase your opportunities for success.
The Enhanced Leak Detection System (ELDS) Engineer at Enterprise Products will perform hydraulic analysis, real-time transient modelling, analyzing alarms, and 24/7 on-call support for liquid pipelines. You will be working in a team with highly skilled group of engineers. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Executing the implementation of ELDS models and other LDP initiatives.
- Provides support to pipeline control and maintain the 24/7 on-call support.
- Monitoring alarm rates on ELDS applications and help investigate elevated alarm rates (“Bad Actor” false alarms).
- Responsible for CPM performance evaluations for all reportable releases.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Petroleum Engineering is required.
- Working knowledge of fluid properties and hydraulic theory.
- 5 years of experience in the energy business working with pipeline simulation is required.
- Midstream oil and gas experience preferred.
- Knowledge of at least one real-time transient pipeline model simulation software is required. Additional working knowledge of multiple simulation software packages is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management.
- Ability to work in a team or individually.
- Required to analyze problems, develop effective solutions and see task through to completion.
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing assignments.
- Proficiency with the following is preferred:
- DNV – Synergi Pipeline Simulator (SPS) Statefinder / Leakfinder Liquids
- AVEVA – Liquid Management Suite (LMS)
- Atmos International – Atmos Pipe and Atmos Rupture
- Microsoft – Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Google – Earth
- Familiarity with the following will be a benefit:
- Microsoft - Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Python programming language
- NIST – Refrprop
- SQL Database
- Microsoft - SharePoint
- Microsoft - Access or any other relational database
- Travel required is 10% or less.
- Ms Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Share Point