Manage tax compliance and planning for federal, state, and international jurisdictions, audits by tax authorities, and for ASC740 reporting and quarterly reporting to parent company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create supportive environment to develop high performing tax team, provide professional development opportunities and engage in coaching and mentoring relationships.
• Lead tax professionals and other related team members, provide timely performance feedback and contribute to performance appraisals during annual performance cycle, utilizing talent management systems.
• Develop and deliver training to educate staff members regarding related department processes.
• Oversee preparation and review of federal, state and local, and international income tax compliance.
• Preparation and review of US Form 1120, Form 1118, Form 5471, Form 8865, and Canada corporate income tax compliance.
• Prepare and review of Country by Country Reporting in accordance with Parent company guidelines.
• Perform Earnings & Profits analysis.
• Prepare and review international corporate income tax provision for each reporting entity under IAS and GAAP.
• Identify and research complex aspects of tax consequences of company actions; recommends strategies and policies for reporting facts and minimizing tax burden.
• Interact and develop relationships with business unit staff and outside consultants to facilitate tax compliance and reporting and analyze tax impact of business decisions.
• Implement tax planning strategies or changes due to newly enacted tax law.
• Interact with business units in resolving tax issues and audits.
• Provide recommendations for improving tax related processes.
• Analyze, monitor, and pursue legislative, regulatory, and judicial state tax developments.
• Responsible for analyzing and defending filing positions and to negotiate favorable resolutions of proposed deficiencies from taxing jurisdictions.
• Analyze tax controversy matters and implications to company’s business.
• Make recommendations for business changes required to adhere to current tax law.
• Advise management of tax consequences and opportunities in connection with ongoing business activities and proposed transactions with emphasis on tax efficiency and compliance with legal requirements.
• Collaborate with outside consultants to facilitate tax compliance, year-end reporting, as special projects.
• Consistently identify and recommend potential planning and refund ideas.
• Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 8 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, CPA preferred and Master’s Degree a plus
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounting implications of various contract terms
• Keen analytical ability to review, assess and interpret trends of large quantities of disparate financial data required and audit and prepare forecasts with focus on risk management
• Experienced with financial oversight, monitoring, and strategic financial planning
• Must keep abreast of current financial industry trends and updates
• Operate at accelerated performance level with the ability to prioritize simultaneous complex and competing demands activities, requests, and short-cycle deadlines for self and team
• Advanced MS Excel skills, proficient with financial system applications, SAP, OneSource, and MS Office
• Management experience required
• Executive level presence with professional written and verbal skills
• Ability to work across functional lines and all levels within global organization
• True collaborator, maintain balanced view of business and effectively challenges senior management, providing candid, honest assessment
• Presentation skills with ability to negotiate, influence, and engage others at executive level
• Continuous improvement mindset with ability to offer ideas, options and opinions and focus on fostering change
• Lead by example and set standards for performance and behavior; act with integrity and professionalism, strong dedication to develop high performance teams
• Able to observes performance, identify areas of development, and effectively provide performance feedback
• Active participant in community and industry related activities
• Some travel required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor