To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
8371 Rovana Circle
Sacramento, CA 95828
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Manager - Station B
FedEx Ground • Sacramento, CA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
• Serves as a champion for FXG’s Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives.
• Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management and staff productivity. Manages employee relations issues, ensures training compliance is up to date and works to reduce employee turnover. Provides annual performance evaluations and meets with staff daily to review service levels and performance as well as to obtain operational feedback.
• Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary. Responsible for on-time deliveries, productivity levels, safety standards and facility upkeep. Leads employees by example and maintain best practices for the work environment.
• Develops and manages the department budget; ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns. Adhere to budget requirements and work towards meeting district, region, and company-wide goals. Adjust facility budget resource allocation and usage as needed, to maximize efficiency resources.
• Ensures adherences to all aspects of the contract and holds all Independent Contractors (IC) and Independent Service Providers (ISP) accountable to the operating agreement. Develops relationships with vendors to help resolve problems and serves as liaison between contractor and vendor, as needed.
• Measures the execution of performance standards, goals, measures, and takes corrective action and reports results as appropriate.
• Oversees corporate initiative roll out, develops improvement strategies, and monitors implementation within the station.
• Verifies that all licensing and permit requirements are compliant with federal, state, and local government laws for the facility and/or ICs and ISPs.
• Verifies that the facility is in compliance with business controls and oversees the development of action plans to address deficiencies found during business control self audit (BCSA) and assists with other station audits within the district.
• Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs.
• Promotes a safe work environment through overseeing safety committees, training, and verifying all safety concerns are addressed. Ensures compliance with application safety regulations.
• Leads and participates in company marketing and sales efforts and attends market council meeting to work together towards overall corporate goals. Assists in the establishment of customer service standards for all accounts and communicates these standards to all personnel.
• Applies Quality Driven Management principles to promote continuous improvement.
• Ensures station’s regulatory compliance with employment laws.
• Performs other duties as assigned Minimum Education
• Two (2) years experience required in management or operational leadership; those years as a Pick Up & Delivery or Dock experience preferred. Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team.
• Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
• Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies and procedures related to FXG field operations, linehaul, and contractor relations.
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Operations
Supply Chain & Logistics
Warehouse & Distribution