Wismettac Asian Foods is searching for a senior level distribution professional to support our continued sales growth and has the capability of growing their career with the organization. This leader must be a people first, process driven individual that will thrive in a fast paced environment. The Logistics Manager has full operational, P&L and safety accountability. Plans, directs and coordinates end-to-end distribution operations, including: product receipt, replenishment, inventory control, order fulfillment and customer delivery. This leader must be committed to delivering exceptional customer service, while focusing on efficient operations and cost effective operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Shipping, receiving and delivery management:
- Coordinate shipping and receiving schedule, equipment and staffing.
- Checking and verifying shipping records, handling questions or concerns of shipping shortages or overages and addressing any problems with inventory control.
- Overseeing maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment.
- Oversee scheduling truck drivers, coordinate delivery routes and loading dock use.
- Warehouse layout & space management:
- Analyze, plan and improve warehouse layout to maximize the efficiency of space usage.
- Periodically monitor and analyze inventory movement and adjust “pick face”
- Inventory management:
- Ensure product inventory safety and quality.
- Minimize inventory losses and record discrepancies.
- Customer service management:
- Develop and maintain a service-orientated workforce and ensure the service standards, policies and procedures are closely followed.
- Validate agreements with individual customers against company rules and policies.
- Analyze information obtained from customer complaints to improve and maintain product quality control system.
- Work process and cost management:
- Analyze the workflow, develop and implement new processes to reduce the manpower and work hours required.
- Discuss with other department personnel about sales, purchasing, production and record control to ensure that warehouse activities are running efficiently
- Warehouse distribution system management:
- Monitor and ensure that the system is functioning according to the planned purpose.
- Identify and eliminate the system glitch on a daily basis.
- Compliance management:
- Monitor and manage warehouse employees and environment to ensure compliance to the federal and state laws that are governed by, including but not limited to, Department of Transportation and Department of Labor.
- Safety program management:
- Ensuring that all appropriate safety regulations are being followed both with regards to personal safety and safety of inventory.
- Conduct periodic safety meeting with the warehouse employees
- Ensure that all warehouse personnel receive proper training and certification to handle equipment in a safe manner.
- Ensuring the health, safety, cleanliness, tidiness and security of the work environment
- Warehouse employee management:
- Plan and coordinate adequate staffing to ensure safe and accurate warehouse operations.
- Conduct interviews and make decision on warehouse staff hiring.
- Supervise and train employees to work in the warehouse either as laborers, equipment operators, product handlers, drivers, clerks or inventory control personnel.
- Monitor and manage employees to maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Conducts yearly performance evaluation on all warehouse personnel and assist employees’ attainment of high individual productivity and performance of the responsibilities and duties contained in their job description.
Experience/ Training/ Education:
Must have a proven record of effective management in high volume distribution operations (food distribution is a plus). Bachelor degree is preferred, or equivalent years of distribution management experience. Working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems. Must be a strong leader, able to lead a team of supervisors and warehouse associates in a sales growth environment. This role requires hands-on supervisory/management skills, along with the interpersonal skills needed to maximize operations; 4-6 years’ experience in warehousing or in production/warehouse/transportation.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
Logistic Managers must have the ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under various time constraints; Principles, practices and procedures of warehouse environment; Logistic Managers should have knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resource; have knowledge in the principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations, and personnel information systems; knowledge of DOT, OSHA rules and regulations; ability to speak clearly so others can understand you; ability to apply general rules and policy to specific problems to produce answers that make sense; motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job; using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Logistic Managers work in the warehouse office close to those of facility management. The incumbent is located in a busy, open area. The incumbent is faced with constant interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis. They sit for long periods and sometimes must content to noise levels caused by various warehouse equipment and machines.
Pre-employment Drug testing required
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting. Please not those individuals submitting resumes online are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application is completed, usually at the time of interview. Applications must be completed in our office and are accepted for current openings only.