Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability—and is recognized that way. We’ve been defined as a “mature start-up.” A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We’re engineering for the future of retail, and it’s no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you’ll find that virtually nothing’s impossible at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Senior Analyst is responsible for designing, configuring and supporting, functional and technical activities related to the SAP Finance application in an SAP S/4 HANA Central Finance Retail environment. As a member of the SAP S/4 CFIN implementation team, you will use your knowledge of SAP CFIN to guide consulting partners in design and configuration. You will make best practice recommendations, approve design and implement solutions. As a trusted leader on projects you will facilitate blueprinting workshops, conduct gap analysis, and develop functional specifications. As a trusted adviser of your business partners you will bring innovative solutions using standard SAP functionality.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Requirements definition: Contributes to selection of the most appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements. Undertakes business requirements as directed and maintaining traceability. Leads requirements prioritizing with stakeholders. Reviews operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
Application Support: Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
Configuration Management: Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes related to the configuration items.
Incident Management: Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
Data Analysis: Applies data analysis, data modeling, and quality techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components. Liaises with database engineers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
Development Testing: Creates test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications and processes. Maintains traceability records, from test cases back to requirements. Investigates requirements for environment, data, resources and tools. Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary. Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
Relationship Management: Reviews the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Contributes to the development and enhancement of customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Possesses expert knowledge of SAP S/4 Central Finance module.
- Act as a trusted partner on SAP S/4 HANA Central Finance implementation for all cross functional teams.
- Stays current on SAP Finance application and road-map.
- Evaluates, proposes, devises and initiates process improvement activities or solutions within IT.
- Partner with Finance business partners to understand their needs, document requirements, recommend solutions and deliver solutions.
- Design, configure and test SAP Finance functionality including existing functionality and enhancements.
- Facilitate blueprinting workshops, conduct gap analysis, develop functional specifications, and understand all phases of project life cycle.
- Work with technical development team to translate business requirements to final technical solution.
- Develop and support financial integration points with non-SAP systems.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related filed, or applicable work experience
- 3+ years of experience in SAP ECC or S/4 finance module, including G/L, General Accounting, AP, Fixed Assets, Depreciation, and multiple company codes
- At least 1 implementation of S/4 HANA Central Finance in a Retail environment preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of integration between SAP Finance module and other SAP modules such as SD and MM.
- Experience presenting solutions to management
- Ability to work in team with diverse/ multiple stakeholder environments
- Strong leadership skills in accountability and customer focus
- Proactive and able to catch issues before failures
- Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality product
- Strong analysis/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
COLORADO PAY RANGE
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position. ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
- Production Support
- Business Requirements
- Business Process
- Functional Specification
- Process Improvements (Business)