Performs the function of a Certified Nurse Assistant, Phlebotomist, EKG Technician, and Unit Secretary. Responsible and accountable for maintaining performance skills. Routinely works weekends, holidays overtime, and/or on an on-call/call-back status in their assigned shift. (This position summary contains the most relevant duties and responsibilities and does not exclude other assignments not mentioned.)
- Familiar with basic patient care standards for all age groups.
- Basic EKG skills preferred.
- Phlebotomy skills preferred.
- Computer Data Entry skills required, preferably Microsoft Office.
- Six (6) months or more experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
- High School Graduate/GED
- Effective October 11, 2009 must have certified nurse aide certification for The State of Texas, Medical Assistant certification, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Licensed Vocational Nurse, Paramedic OR certification as a Certified Patent Care Tech (CPCT) and remain current thereafter. Prefer a graduate from a Patient Care Associate/Technician program.
- Must obtain CPI certification within 6 months of hire and must keep current at all times. Certification must be in accordance with the curriculum of the AHA, for Healthcare Provider’s Program.
- Must have and maintain current BCLS certification, according to unit specific needs. Certification must be in accordance with the curriculum of the AHA, for Healthcare Provider’s Program.
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Intensive Care Unit
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 69157
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
South Texas Health System is a regional multi-hospital system owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS). Headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, UHS is one of the largest and most innovative healthcare management companies in the nation.
View the full profile
South Texas Health System is recognized for its reputation for excellence in providing quality healthcare to the Rio Grande Valley. As a leading hospital system in the Rio Grande Valley, STHS offers specialized services in behavioral health, cardiovascular care, emergency medicine, neuroscience, oncology, pediatric care, transplant and women's services, as well as adult and pediatric rehabilitation.
South Texas Health System's facilities include Edinburg Children's Hospital, Edinburg Regional Medical Center, Edinburg Regional Rehab Center, McAllen Medical Center, McAllen Heart Hospital and Cornerstone Regional Hospital.