Local Unit & Position Description
Are you excited about the opportunities created by the energy transition to decarbonize our economy?
DNV – Energy Systems North America (ESNA) region is seeking a Key Account Manager/Business Development Executive to join our Regional Management team and drive business development in support of the energy transition, the move towards cleaner energy sources and decarbonization. ESNA is on a journey to become more customer centric and agile in meeting its customer requirements whilst continuously improving the way we work. Working as part of the sales organization you will develop stronger value propositions for your key customers and market area, whether it be utilities, power grids, energy management or renewables, aligned with the Energy Systems strategy.
This is a remote position based from any location in the continental U.S.(except Colorado).
What You’ll Do
The KAM/BDE will be responsible for maintaining one or multiple Key Customers and will have a strong market and customer focus. They drive sales and manage customer relations with a key customer and to a group of customers in a defined energy industry segment. The focus of the role will be to provide accountability for market leadership, customer centricity and resultant order intake in one of the assigned market areas by ensuring the correct combinations of resources are deployed effectively to meet customer needs.
As a KAM, they direct an account team that will establish relationships with customer contacts and understand the needs and strategic goals of the key account. The account team under the KAM direction will give customers a voice within the organization, provide input to how we can improve our customer service and drive the shaping of our customer policy and strategy.
While this position will not have direct people management responsibility, you will direct people as a project manager to design and implement initiatives that are key to your success in the growing business with your assign industry segment and Key Account. Collaborating closely with Marketing, Communications and Public Affairs you will be responsible for developing targeted Key Account and Customer Segment Campaigns.
- Contribute towards the development of the key account and market area strategy and be responsible for developing campaigns for your Key Accounts and service portfolio which generates increased sales in your specific area.
- Establish and direct project and account teams to achieve business development success.
- Identify, drive and facilitate sales and market led opportunities, by actively managing sales pipeline growth and increasing order intake for defined account(s) and market area(s).
- Strong influence on project pricing, resourcing and bid quality reviews.
- Optimize customer experience measured via the customer relationship strength indicator (CRSI) score.
- Monitor and manage the sales funnel from sales qualified leads to won opportunities.
- Seek key customer insights (on strategic direction) market insights and (services of) competitors and maintain an overview of major market trends, including analysis of regional developments.
- Foster relevant internal and external network; identifies, build and strengthen customer relationship, stimulate collaboration within their region as well as across BA.
- Develops and manage a strategy to optimize the customer experience and DNV business with customers for cross- and up-selling activities across BAs, BUs, and services
- Act as a conduit for key projects, monitor delivery of projects/services to ensure high-quality and consistency, participate in cross-sector opportunities.
- Acts as project sponsor for key projects, monitor delivery of projects/services to ensure high quality and consistency, participate in cross sector opportunities.
- Working with Head of Departments and line managers you will contribute to building the (people) sales skills and foster a high performing and collaborative culture.
- Collaborative participation in proposals
- Working closely with Sales Manager, and fellow Market Area Managers & KAMS to develop yearly Annual Operating Plan
- Critically review and influence pricing decisions.
- Key Outputs
- Key Account top line growth (order intake, external revenue).
- Targets for order intake and pipeline development.
- Own top line growth (order intake, external revenue).
- Greenhouse gas compass impact
- Cashflow – (follow up and actioning of customer payments if needed)
- Monitoring and improving of CRSI score for Key Accounts.
What is Required
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience working at a Senior level in a professional services business development role in the Energy Renewable industry with exceptional commercial awareness, good understanding of market drivers and challenges (market foresight)
- Minimum 7 years of account management experience
- Established strong network of contacts and relationships within the Energy Renewable Industry
- Client focus and the ability to engage and interact with customers
- Proven capability to engage and build customer relationships
- Experience of driving continuous improvement in how sales are undertaken and developing a culture of high-quality delivery for the customer
- Results & solutions-orientated mindset
- Strong interpersonal communications skills with proven experience working directly with senior staff and clients
- Ability to manage, develop, monitor, interpret and report on key commercial / financial indicators
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to interact, influence and build key internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Shows persuasiveness and persistence
- Ability to juggle and manage conflicting priorities within required timelines
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 20% domestically and 1-2% internationally. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to rent and drive a car and travel on public conveyances when required
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds; able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs. in addition to transporting one’s own luggage for multiple-day travel and push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel with that which is lifted, carried or transported
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
What is desired
- 10+ years of Business Development and/or Account Management experience within the Energy Renewable industry
- Good understanding of the competitive landscape of market and key players within Energy Renewable
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work each day. Read more here:
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
[ Link removed ]
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise, we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's top resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
DNV delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, and smart grids. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
- Business Development
- Sales Management
- Selling Techniques