To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chenega Corporation • Washington, DC
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CHENEGA WORLDWIDE SUPPORT, LLC
Company Job Title:
Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance (Current Interim Secret Clearance is acceptableLocation: Washington, DC
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Administrative Assistant will work in USAID’s Office of Management Services (M/MS), Office of the Director, supporting the Program Support team. The Administrative Assistant will assist with the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) SmartBenefits program, and the Agency’s subsidized parking program. The Administrative Assistant will provide Administrative support to the Program Support team of M/MS. The Administrative Assistant will work very closely with the M/MS Program Support team and Agency staff requesting subsidies. Work shall be performed at USAID-designated facilities in the metropolitan Washington, DC area. The Office of M/MS provides logistical support and administrative services in Washington DC area and worldwide. It is comprised of the Office of the Director and four Divisions. The Divisions include: The Headquarters Management Division (M/MS/HMD); the Information and Records Division (M/MS/IRD); the Overseas Management Division (M/MS/OMD); and the Travel and Transportation Division (M/MS/TTD). Each division is responsible for overseeing programs in their respective areas along with policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the overseeing the daily operations of the WMATA SmartBenefits program
- Responsible for processing applications for new employees, replacement cards, and benefit amount adjustments
- Obtain data on all separated employees and compare to the transit database to ensure all separated employees have been promptly removed to prevent benefits from being collected
- Sign off on exit clearance forms
- Maintain database that identifies all participants in the program
- Provide monthly reports regarding employee participation
- Confirm all applications include a home address, employee work address, and commuting cost breakdown
- Confirm that an approving official has verified the program participant’s eligibility and commuting costs
- Verify all requested benefit amounts via the WMATA trip planner site to ensure employees request the correct amount of transportation benefits
- Perform periodic recertification as a necessary
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, periodically assess internal controls of the program
- Conduct periodic training and issues reminders to Administrative Officers on their responsibility to verify transit participants’ eligibility and commuting costs
- Assist with answering policy related questions
- In collaboration with the applicable Administrative Management Support (AMS), verify that the employee is not concurrently participating in the USAID Metro Transit Subsidy Program
- In collaboration with the AMS, verify their employment status and eligibility
- Assist with reconciling monthly reports from various vendors (Pay.gov, Colonial Parking, PMI, and RRB/ITC parking)
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1 year of relevant work experience
- Experience as an intern, support contractor, government staff, or industry staff
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with Visio, Tableau, and data visualization software
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance (Current Interim Secret Clearance is acceptable)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with completing individual tasks effectively
- Experience with working in a team environment
- Experience working with difficult people
- Ability to gather and analyze data effectively
- Ability to apply critical thinking to a wide variety of problems
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.