Who We Are:
The HVAC shop and team maintain and repair the A/C and refrigeration systems on campus. By joining our team, you will received an additional $500.00 in your first paycheck (minus applicable taxes)!
Objectives of this Role:
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Repair electronic components.
- Replace expansion valves, compressors, motors, and other chiller components.
- Clean refrigerant systems from hermetic burnouts, evacuates, and charges systems.
- Provide technical assistance with installations and modifications to existing systems.
- Review safety procedures before beginning each job with known hazards.
- Maintain a clean and organized service vehicle.
- Keep vehicle up to date on maintenance requirements.
- Maintain an accurate part and tool inventory.
- Perform daily, monthly, and yearly routine maintenance on all campus chillers and water systems.
- Receive service calls from dispatch to make repairs on nonfunctioning machines.
- Complete and maintain all necessary records. Work with and train junior technicians.
- Routine maintenance per the direction of the supervisor and/or assistant supervisor.
- Service and repair commercial and industrial air conditioning systems according to engineering specifications, using demonstrated knowledge of hydronic, airside and refrigeration theory.
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning chillers to determine the cause of the malfunction.
- Perform scheduled maintenance inspections, and adjusts, cleans and calibrates various chilled water systems to assure proper system operations.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- HVAC classes or certifications or Trade school or manufactures training is desired
- EPA 608 universal certification required
- Shift work required
- 10 years: Working on water- and air-cooled chillers
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to PRINCIPAL CRAFT TECHNICIAN - STAFF CRAFT TECHNICIAN - HVAC.
For benefits information at all other locations, click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to PRINCIPAL CRAFT TECHNICIAN - STAFF CRAFT TECHNICIAN - HVAC.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
- Air Cooled Engines