To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- High Point, NC 27265
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Developer I Java
XPO Logistics, Inc. • High Point, NC
Posted 5 days ago
Logistics done differently.
Innovation is in our DNA. At XPO Logistics, we’re out to transform transportation logistics through technology, and our multimillion-dollar commitment to IT underscores its importance to our vision. As the Java Software Developer, your focus will be troubleshooting and understanding problems with new and existing software. You’ll also provide recommendations and create resolutions to help keep our operations running smoothly. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a rapidly-growing global company, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide in-depth technical web application programming expertise that meets technical specifications and business requirements
- Analyze business problems and propose software solutions; mentor junior programmers in the department
- Create estimates, functional specifications and detailed design specifications for programs to be developed; convert system designs and technical specifications into program code for complex applications
- Develop, test and maintain complex application software; comply with project standards and processes related to producing quality software products and documentation
- Provide project management for moderately-sized, complex efforts
- Debug and troubleshoot existing program codes and correct errors as required; provide Level 3 support to resolve systems-related issues
- Apply software releases to production in a controlled, methodical manner; verify systems are stable after patch application
- Participate as a high-level technical expert in design development, coding, testing and debugging new software or making significant enhancements to existing software for third-party customers; work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develop specifications to resolve them
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1 year of experience with architecting and developing large, scalable, distributed or web-based applications
- Understanding of component-based software, object-oriented methods, internet technologies, client/services architectures, relational databases, structured development, test methodologies and data warehousing
It’d be great if you also have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Availability to work periodic 24/7 on-call support as required by team’s rotational schedule
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment; consult with team members and management as needed
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.