OR RN AdventHealth Palm Coast
Location Address: 60 Memorial Medical Pkwy, Palm Coast, FL 32164
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Palm Coast
- $10,000 sign on and $3,000 relocation
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of New Smyrna Beach.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Maintains liaison with Registration, Laboratory, Pre-op Holding, Volunteer Desk, Ambulatory Services, Endoscopy, PACU and Anesthesia Department for safe patient care.
- Prepares the patient for the procedure, able to assist the physician within the role of circulating nurse in the procedure room, knowledgeable of equipment and supplies for OR procedures.
- Clean procedure rooms, redress table and stock work area with supplies while checking for outdates and inform manager/charge nurse of supplies needed when par level decreases and report equipment issues promptly. Makes written changes to the preference cards as needed and submits them for electronic update.
- Actively participates in department Performance Improvement Plan, Staff Meetings, monthly assigned duties and orients new nurses to the unit.
- Participates in scheduling weekend add-on patients while adhering to the guidelines.
- OR Unit provides professional care for patients in the outpatient and inpatient setting beginning at the age of 16, young adult, middle age and geriatric adults. Consent for ages 16 and 17 must be provided by a parent or a court appointed guardian unless the patient is an emancipated minor.
What You Will Need:
- Is a graduate of an approved school of nursing
- Must have a minimum of two years experience in the assigned nursing unit.
- Current registration with the Florida Board of Examiners.
- Must maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS)/Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. OR registered nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and re-evaluating the needs, treatment and care of the age appropriate patient within the OR suite. The nurse adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan, and to all the rules and regulations applicable to local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Registered Nurse Certified
Post Anesthesia Care Unit