We encourage you to bring your talent and effort to Harvest Sherwood and contribute to our shared success, while having fun, serving our customers, and strengthening the local communities in which we operate. As the largest independent wholesale food distributor in the U.S., with 15 distribution centers from coast-to-coast, Harvest Sherwood is an essential business. We buy, sell and deliver fresh, high quality protein products and other foods to over 6,000 retail and foodservice customers.
The Driver, Class A is responsible for driving a tractor trailer for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products. This requires using excellent customer service skills and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations
The Driver, Class A will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart/pallet jack, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72” to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and turn in all funds collected daily
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Harvest Sherwood policies and procedures
- Perform coupling/un-coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as needed
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required
- Follow Harvest Sherwood preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets jacks, and personal protective equipment
- Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard
- Perform other tasks as needed
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of one year of CDL driving experience
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must be able to work a varied schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Harvest-Sherwood is committed to offering competitive benefits to our employees and their dependents, including paid vacation, health insurances, and a 401K plan!
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Transportation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 21, 2021
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Customer Service
- Forklift Truck
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety Principles
- Stock Control