Operator/Mechanic Intern – Oklahoma City (OKC)
The Intern position provides an opportunity for a student who is currently pursuing hands-on experience working with heating and cooling systems in a utility environment. This position is available to work part-time during the 2019/2020 school year and full-time during the summer of 2019.
Operationally you will be called upon to support a variety of activities: conduct deployment of distribution equipment to meet customer load requirements, test systems to maintain proper water quality, and observe equipment to ensure it is working within set standards.
Mechanically you will be called upon to support a variety of activities: assist in equipment overhaul, stop inspections, equipment repair, design and installation of new equipment, and troubleshooting of equipment/systems.
Note: The job can be physically demanding, involving the movement of heavy equipment, carrying materials up and down stairs, and climbing in and out of confined spaces including utility holes. Candidates should be able to lift and maneuver a 50-lb load.
• Support Veolia operator/mechanic leads as directed in regards to the Oklahoma City energy plants. The interface will be the on-site operations & mechanical staff.
• Compliance with company safety policy, to include safety training.
• Understanding of plant systems, starting and stopping of plant equipment.
• Daily meetings with plant staff (update plant staff on current progress).
• Currently enrolled in a trade school program
• Working knowledge of Microsoft & Google products, computers, and desire to learn and leverage new technology platforms
• Time management, organization and prioritization capability, excellent communication skills
• Must be safety conscious, able to follow direction, and have a curious attitude
• Motivated and dynamic person with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Technically oriented
• Resourceful and proactive
Computer Aided Design