Seeking a Staff Accountant to Join Our Corporate Team at Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants!Lettuce Entertain You® Restaurants
is seeking a STAFF ACCOUNTANT to be a part of our corporate accounting team and support our restaurants. Our Staff Accountant will interact directly with Lettuce Partners and General Managers. Responsibilities include generating financial statements and maintaining general ledger for assigned restaurants. If you have any banking or treasury experience, that’s a big plus.
If you’re eager to use your accounting experience in an established company within a growing Corporate team, this may be the right match for you! Please apply today. EOE. E-Verify.
Candidates must be able to commute to our Corporate office located on the far north side of Chicago at 5419 N. Sheridan Road.Requirements
- 2-4 years of staff accounting experience
- Possess a BS in accounting
- Skilled in MS Excel
- Ability to maintain an excellent attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with partners, GM's and corporate employees
Office experience in restaurant/hospitality industry is preferred; CPA is a plus. Not ready to apply? Join Our Talent Network: Text Lettucejobs to 51893 or URL blocked - click to apply!We Offer:
Lettuce Entertain You is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We Participate in E-Verify. POSITION SUMMARY:
- Competitive pay
- Restaurant discounts
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical/dental insurance
- Domestic partner benefits
- Vision plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Pre-tax transit benefit (where applicable)
- Nonsmoking working environment
- Training, development & advancement opportunities
- Paid time off including holiday, vacation, sick days, parental leave
- And more
Generate Financial Statements and maintain General Ledger for assigned corporate entities. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
(Other duties will be assigned as needed)
Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Prepare journal entries and post to General Ledger
- Review income statement and analyze variances to budget and call-in numbers
- Prepare summary recaps and cost of goods graphs on PC
- Submit final statement for approval from Assistant Controller to meet established deadline
- Produce copies and distribute statements to Store Managers, Partners
- Review Balance Sheet and verify reasonableness of account balances
- Update Balance Sheet workpapers for current period activity
- Analyze workpapers for current period activity to verify accuracy
- Follow up on discrepancies on a timely basis with appropriate personnel
- Provide adequate backup to justify account balances
- Proof of Cash for each assigned bank account
- Computer input of fixed asset additions and deletions
- Generate and obtain reports to prepare Income Statements on PC
- Review with General Manager to explain variances from budget
- Submits for review with Assistant Controller of Operations
- Produce copies and distribute to General Manager and Assistant Controller
- Prepare and file State and City Sales Tax Returns
- Input intercompany transfer invoices as required
- Input weekly intercompany journal entries
- Mail financial statements to external auditor and bank officials
- Generate and distribute reports as required
- Prepare and issue percentage rent payments as required
- Assist store Managers and Office Managers on related accounting issues
- Special projects as requested by supervisors
- Review store submitted budget reports for accuracy and completeness
- Input budget figures into PC
- Generate and review budget reports for reasonableness, and distribute to General Managers for review
- Meet with store managers to review budget by line item and make necessary changes if requested
- Timely and detailed analysis and additional reconciliation of Balance Sheets to Income Statement
- Compute State replacement taxes
- Provide copies of all workpapers and backup to external auditors
- Provide timely explanation of questions posed by external auditors
- Complete analytical review of each corporate entity for external auditors
- Timely and accurate financial reporting for both internal and external purposes
- pounds. Liaison and information source between stores and corporate in regard to financial information
- Timely filing and payment of sales tax, percentage rent, and other as required
- Notify appropriate parties of significant accounting matters, issues, and procedures on a timely basis.
- Communicate cordially, effectively and clearly with all employees, managers, partners, corporate staff and coworkers
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
- Maintain a positive pleasant, attitude every shift.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management.
- Perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment.
- Be available to work a variety of days and shifts, including weekends and increased work schedules
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels.
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Get along with others and be a team player.
- Follow all uniform and appearance guidelines as befitting the image for the position and the Corporate Office.
- Refrain from smoking for the duration of the shift.
- Arrive to work on time and in ready to work condition.
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- May not work under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- May not resort to any type of violence, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
- Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol test within 90 days of hire date, where applicable.
Failure to abide by these and any other conditions of employment of the company set forth elsewhere can subject an employee to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Accessibility varies by location