You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Employment TypeIntern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
$9.00 - $19.00
Full Hourly Pay Range
The City of Olathe Communication and Marketing Division is actively seeking an intern. This position will help advance the City of Olathe narrative and assist in cultivating engaging content and assembling digital assets to help tell our story to more than 145,000 residents. We are looking for an individual interesting in learning more about communications and marketing, passionate about storytelling and holds a creative mindset.
Starting Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Experience in: Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Premier, Microsoft Office
For more job details, review the full job details and requirements below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively across Communication and Marketing Division to achieve organizational goals.
- Assist with division projects, such as but not limited to gathering photo/video assets, organization of assets, creation of communication and/or marketing plans.
- Help in managing digital communication efforts.
- Ability to learn web management and City brand standards.
- Work across City divisions to create compelling stories for internal and external audiences.
- Provide on-site assistance for City events. This may include few evening and/or weekend commitments.
- Complete assigned projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Guidelines: Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
- Education and Experience: College students currently pursuing a degree in communications, strategic communications, marketing, journalism, digital communications, or a similar field are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates could be asked to upload examples of work, including, but not limited to, communication plans, writing samples, graphic design materials and social media posts.
- Data Transmissions
- Graphic Design
- Organization Development
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: JR359
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.