To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saginaw, MI
- Corizon Health, Inc
- Phone: 615-660-6814
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Corizon Health • Saginaw, MI
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We have exceptional opportunities for full time and PRN Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our healthcare team at the Saginaw Correctional Center located in Sagina, MI.
Available hours: Full time (6pm-6:30am) PRN (all shifts).
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
- Possesses an active CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) deliver quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses.
Corizon Health LPNs are responsible for…
- Tasks, activities and functions as delegated and may make assignment of duties to others as defined in their state of practice act.
- Ensuring that tasks, activities and functions assigned to others can safely be performed by the person receiving the assignment based on their educational preparation
- Provide monitoring of tasks, activities and functions that are assigned to others to ensure proper understanding and completion.
- Visit the infirmary daily and documents encounters in patients' Medical Record as assigned. LPNs also ensure Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensures all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Contribute to the assessment of the health status of patients.
- Participate in the development and modification of a patient's plan of care.
- Perform delegated tasks, activities and functions that are consistent with prior educational preparation and within scope of practice.
- Provide direct basic care to assigned (multiple) clients within the structure of the healthcare program at their facility.
- Provide safe and effective nursing care and assumes responsibility for the care delivered.
- Implements patient education based on established teaching plans.
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- Free online Continuing Education program
- Comprehensive Onboarding
- Mentor and Preceptor Programs
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.