RSM is looking for a dynamic Business Development Director to join our growing team in the Northeast Region. This Business Development Director will concentrate on selling across RSM's Management Consulting business line, including Finance Transformation services, Blackline, and Finance and Operations IT solutions.
The Business Development Director is responsible for leading all aspects of the sales process, including systematic prospect targeting, development of opportunity-specific sales strategy, and selection of pursuit teams and "quarterbacking" the entire sales process. This individual will build and maintain strong sales pipelines and forecasts associated to substantiated opportunities, prepare and facilitate presentations/proposals as well as close sales and finalize agreements with customers. The Business Development Director will work closely with various firm industry and line of business leaders in co-leading growth efforts through direct prospecting, networking, attendance and participation with various industry and professional groups and networking associations.
The individual in this position will have all the necessary resources to be set up for success for this career opportunity that provides a competitive base salary along with a lucrative, uncapped incentive compensation plan. We are looking for a candidate that has a proven track record in selling Management Consulting services.
- Sourcing and qualifying Management Consulting opportunities with companies currently not served by the firm
- Responsible for executing the sales plan and process, including coordination of all necessary internal and external resources to best position the firm to secure the business
- Actively work networking contacts, professional affiliations, industry groups and related Centers of Influence
- Work with industry team leaders to effectively and efficiently identify and target key companies within the industry teams they support
- Support Partners, Principals, Directors and Senior Managers in cross-selling additional services to existing clients where appropriate
- Work closely with local and national marketing resources to develop effective, targeted go-to-market plans for the industry teams they support
- Work closely with National Sales Organization management to provide ongoing, current feedback relative to market opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 7+ years of previous experience selling management consulting services, including Finance Transformation services, Blackline, and Finance and Operations IT solutions
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of industries – must be capable of orchestrating a team of industry, functional, and technical experts to craft a compelling solution for a variety of clients
- Demonstrated experience working with, and contacts within the middle market, broadly defined as companies with revenues of $20 million to $1 billion
- Demonstrated expertise to drive a complex, sale cycle from identification through the close of deals
- Ability to actively participate in the proposal and Statement of Work creation process
- Experience leveraging a CRM tool for report generation and sales tracking
- Prior experience leveraging social media technologies for networking purposes
- Excellent influence and negotiation skills; strong executive presence and business acumen
- Must be motivated and self-disciplined; must possess strong time management skills
- Travel is required (local and overnight when appropriate)
- Active network of C-level contacts in and around Boston and the surrounding markets
- Demonstrated community involvement and activity with industry associations, civic and/or non-profit groups
- Exhibit exceptionally strong communication, presentation, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience working for Big Four or other national firms a significant plus
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.