Your work at Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, we have over 148 years of experience, serve more than 25 industries, and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities so you can reach your full potential and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. With the support of people like you, we are optimistic about leading the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
To refer an internal employee for this position, please click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Surety Underwriter to submit your referral’s information.
To refer an external candidate for this position, please leverage the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Surety Underwriter process.
Zurich is currently looking for a Surety Market Facing Underwriter to work out of our Central Region, which includes Illinois
As the Surety Underwriter will work to analyze and underwrite a book of new and renewal business. Underwriters will use the Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels on highly complex assignments ensuring a high-level service to customers. In this role, you will partner with the Central Region brokers and will utilize strong sales execution mindset to write profitable business.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity. Negotiate Terms & Conditions and close deals.
- Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account.
- Update required systems with details of broker / client visits and account status within specified time frame.
- Calculate Target Price accurately by utilizing underwriting tools appropriately.
- Diagnose and develop recommendations to solve unique business unit and customer problems
- Demonstrate specialized knowledge and expertise in products and industry.
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating manuals.
- Work at the highest authority limits on assignments utilizing the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination.
Basic Qualifications: Surety Underwriter (Level II):
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office experience
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Location(s): AM - Chicago, AM - Overland Park, AM - Illinois Virtual Office, AM - Missouri Virtual Office, AM - Ohio Virtual Office, AM - Kentucky Virtual Office, AM - Indianapolis
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
Hiring Manager name: Drakontaidis Apostolos
Recruiter name: Johnson Jason
Reward Level: 5T
- Claim Processing
- Microsoft Office
- Self Motivation