To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4399 Forest Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63108
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Related Management Company • St. Louis, MO
Posted 4 days ago
- Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector.
- Over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
- In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria:
- Section 8 properties with project-based contracts
- Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation
- Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions
- Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid
- Other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
- Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants.
- Given our 45 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena
Your role with the company:
Related Management is currently seeking a highly experienced Maintenance Technician at a 242 Units/4 Stories affordable community in St Louis, MO. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for common area and apartment repairs in the scope of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliances. Further oversight of the building’s curb appeal through building exterior inspections, cleaning and grounds maintenance is required. Customer service and attention to detail are critical skills to ensure the satisfaction of the community’s residents. Responsibilities will also include daily cleaning and special projects as assigned.
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications, the ability to read service requests, to read and understand policies and procedures including but not limited to Key Control Policy and all Maintenance Emergency policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate with team members, residents and vendors in order to provide customer service.
- Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, fitness equipment, waste management systems.
- Ability to identify cleaning and chemical supplies, ability to understand proper applications of chemicals and general cleaning supplies, ability to frequently handle and properly dispose of these products.
- Complete understanding of emergency systems, shutoffs, locations and sequence of operations.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies.
- Ability to understand basic knowledge of boilers, chillers, cooling towers, electrical, flooring, plumbing, sprinklers and steam systems.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer