About the company:
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team (PT) is an industry-leading third-party logistics (3PL) company with over 30 years of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. PT has 12 domestic hubs strategically located near major ports, interstate highways and intermodal rail lines allowing us to provide the retail and manufacturing industries with flexible B2B and B2C solutions for the movement, handling and distribution of goods. We believe that it is our talented team of professionals who help us stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us! At a time when many companies are cutting back and losing their valuable resources, Performance Team is growing full force! Join the team that is outperforming the rest, and make a difference.
Performance Team is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance Team will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements
Summary: Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as conveyors, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, and production machines and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge and experience working with conveyor systems, electrical 3-phase motor controls/PLC, overall material handling experience.
- Perform repair /inspection, installation of conveyor system, racking, balers, air compressors, carton sealers, etc. and all other building and support areas.
- Recognize potential malfunctions and proactively repair to mitigate costs.
- Maintain complete repair order records.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Position is full-time and on-site.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred
- Two+ years of related experience working on industry related conveyor systems
- Bilingual in Spanish is helpful but not required