With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.Job Description
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The MSL is a field-based medical colleague responsible for providing medical & scientific information for the designated vaccines and other therapeutic products in the assigned region (comprised of one or more US states) focusing on the vaccines in-line and late-stage portfolio.
The MSL will primarily be responsible for providing approved medical content on Seqirus’ products/vaccines to HCPs who have local, regional, or national roles in health care provision and/or decision-making as determined by US Medical Affairs.
Keep abreast of medical and scientific developments in Vaccines by continuously reviewing literature in the field, monitoring competitor activities, networking with experts and attending assigned conferences.
Keeps abreast of current and evolving US healthcare policies, the potential impact on key customer segments, health economics/outcomes research, and comparative effectiveness research.
Contribute to the medical planning for asset/asset team projects and activities, and work with medical leadership to develop and implement the Field Medical team medical plan for Seqirus products.
Maintain effective and appropriate communication and collaboration among headquarters medical colleagues, Medical Information and other Seqirus field medical colleagues. Serves as a project lead for the field team as assigned by the Vaccines Medical leadership.
Serve on medical and/or disease area and asset cross-functional committees, as appropriate.
Ensure compliance with all internal/external SOPs/Rules/Regulations
Serve as a conduit and resource for customer insights pertaining to disease areas and Seqirus products.
Serve as conduit and medical resource to Vaccine investigators and researchers, as appropriate.
Responsibilities include: -
- Communicate new and other important approved medical content to Vaccine health care professionals (HCPs) in local, regional or national capacities including Vaccines HCP decision-makers such as Medical Groups, Integrated Delivery Networks, Payers, Accountable Care Organizations, Alternate Channels (Retail Pharmacy, Long Term Care, etc…), Professional societies, Government Organizations, etc. and engage in other approved communications in accordance with approved field medical guidance. Provide truthful, accurate and scientifically supported information in response to direct unsolicited medical requests from HCPs in a manner that complies with all applicable Seqirus guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Provide internal Vaccines/product expertise for regional and other Medical Affairs and/or clinical development needs. (e.g. formulary presentations, field force training, organized customer projects/collaborations, scientific congress participation, etc.).
- Deliver presentations to payers, managed care organizations, formulary decision makers, professional society and government organization decision makers, and regional medical advisory boards in accordance with the designated medical strategy established by the Americas Medical Affairs team.
- Facilitate communication between Vaccine HCPs and healthcare decision makers and headquarters Medical Affairs colleagues and provide customer insights that contribute to the development of product medical strategies as appropriate
- Facilitate both Seqirus sponsored clinical trial, collaborative research, and investigator-initiated research activities in their regions, as determined by Medical Affairs and in accordance with Seqirus SOPs. (Seqirus sponsored research site/investigator interactions, IIR inquiries, etc)
Experience and Qualifications: -
Advanced Scientific Degree (PharmD, Ph.D., M.D., DO) with 5 or more years of experience following the last stage of training, including 2 or more years of experience in clinical and/or health services education or research (preferably in the pharmaceutical industry). Experience in infectious diseases, epidemiology, vaccines and public health is highly desirable.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Excellent and demonstrated interpersonal skills: ability to understand and respond to multiple external and internal customers’ demands, manage and handle conflict constructively required.
Demonstrated ability to
Manage a significant volume of projects developed in a field-based environment, while exhibiting the ability to prioritize, provide oversight, demonstrate excellent judgmental skills and work in a continuous improvement environment.
Work within a matrixed, multi-disciplinary team to foster strong Seqirus/customer professional relationships and which are aligned with Seqirus business objectives.
Be a self-starter, be accountable and have a sense of urgency in delivering results that have medical impact and yield a positive customer experience.
Maintain self-awareness and continually choose behaviors and responses based on how it impacts one’s own and others’ performance and engagement.
Demonstrated clinical and technical skills.
Demonstrated ability to rapidly adopt and utilize new digital technology and other resources with medical customers and record medical interactions
Compliance with internal/external SOPs/Rules/Regulations regarding Seqirus/customer interactions and relationships, etc.
Ability to operate a Seqirus company car and regularly fly on airplanes (ie. attend HCP/customer meetings; attend HQ meetings, etc.) required close proximity to airline ‘hub’ city)