The Commons in Lincoln is looking for a Fulltime Scheduler/Community Administrative Assistant who reports directly to the Nursing Home Administrator and provides a broad range of administrative support.
- Primary responsibilities are to manage the master schedule and scheduling of all nursing associates which includes RNs, LPNs and CNAs.
Other responsibilities and opportunities to support the center:
- Assists with the Skilled Nursing Facility recruitment and onboarding tasks
- Assists with ordering and receiving medical supplies
- Supports the coordination of Medical Records and uploading documents
- Performs needed administrative assistant work for the Nursing Home Administrator and Department Heads.
- Answers telephone and responds in a patient, helpful manner.
- Greets all visitors courteously, determines their needs and directs them to the proper person and/or area.
- Answers questions and provides assistance to visitors, residents and staff.
- Promptly reports any complaints, concerns, and/or unusual behavior to the NHA.
- Maintains adequate supply of employment applications.
- Orders and maintains office supplies and maintains copy machines.
- Responds to fire alarms and participates in fire drills when scheduled.
- Complies with facility policies and procedures for workplace safety.
- Assists in ensuring that residents are free from abuse (physical, verbal and sexual), mistreatment and neglect.
- Attends mandatory scheduled in-service trainings and is also required to keep on-line trainings up to date.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information concerning Management, residents, fellow staff members and the community at large.
- May help with license renewals/reminders for LPNs, RNs, CNAs, CPR, etc.
- Is professional in dress and manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School graduate; Associates degree or above preferred
- Previous experience creating a schedule, preferably in a nursing environment
- Previous experience in senior living/geriatric care a plus
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Models Benchmark's Values
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter - Takes the initiative
- Embrace challenges
- Strong sense of urgency
- Team Player - Willingness to "roll up sleeves" and deliver without ego
- Knowledge of office equipment and ability to trouble shoot problems
- Can do attitude
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) as well as familiarity with the Internet and its search tools.
- Intermediate skills in PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Yardi, Google Earth, and/or Microsoft Project (a plus, but not a requirement)
In an 8-hour workday, associate will stand/walk: Hours at one time: 0 - 2
Total hours/day: 4 - 6
In an 8-hour workday, associate will sit: Hours at one time: 0 - 2
Total hours/day: 2 - 4
Associate will support/assist: (Maximum lbs): Frequently: 0 - 10 lbs.
Occasionally: 50 lbs.
Associate will lift/carry: (Maximum lbs): Frequently: 0 - 10 lbs.
Occasionally: 15 lbs.
Height of Lift: 3 - 4 feet
Distance of carry: 30 yards
Employee will use hands for repetitive: Simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation
Employee should be able to: Bend: Occasionally
Reach: Occasionally, 3 feet
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.