Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Repair pump or other rotating equipment in FCX pump repair facility or customer plant locations.
- Mechanically and electrically troubleshoot, inspect, and test pumps at FCX pump repair centers with occasional customer in-field work sites.
- Perform pre-inspection, disassembly, cleaning, inspection, re-assembly, testing, and final inspection on various types of pumps and other rotating equipment.
- Complete field service worksheets and submit to job coordinator upon completion of work.
- Ability and knowledge to reference appropriate pump manuals for repair requirements.
- Exhibit an ability to effectively communicate with plant personnel regarding pump and other rotating equipment and customer requirements.
- Obtain all site specific and safety related training to perform pump repair services.
- Maintain driver eligibility and regular preventative maintenance on company owned vehicle.
- Assist others as required.
- Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
Essential Physical Functions/Equipment Used:
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 75lbs.
- Must be able to stand, kneel, and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to, or possess ability to learn how to, operate warehouse equipment; namely forklifts.
- Must be able to work off hours, weekends, and OT on a short notice basis based on business needs.
- Knowledge of rigging, lifting and moving heavy and awkward products.
- Able to work in abnormal (heat/cold/clean room) operating conditions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required; Associates Degree/Technical Degree preferred.
- 1-3 year’s previous pump repair experience desired; experience with hydraulics helpful, but not required.
- Basic computer proficiency required, namely the ability to operate Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of required equipment, including hand tools, power tools, machining equipment, etc.
- Clean driving record.
- Standard warehouse environment; including machine shop, paint booth, equipment operation, shipping & receiving, inventory area.
FCX Performance is an Applied Industrial Technologies Company and a leading process flow control company, providing technical, mission-critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets. Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.