Apex Systems, the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country, is seeking a Cloud Engineer with design/architect experience. This will be a 60% engineering, 40% architecture position, with proficiency in Angular or React.
MUST sit onsite in CT or NY and CANNOT work C2C.
Cloud Solution Architect
ABOUT THE ROLE
The new Data & Analytics Engineering group at the client is developing innovative technology to make healthcare simple, transparent, and more affordable. We are seeking highly talented and innovative cloud solution engineers to join us and help modernize the healthcare industry.
This team develops applications that provide the client with the analytics to optimize affordability for its members. Our tools analyze historical data to identify insights, forecast trends, and recommend actionable items to improve total medical costs. We are also advancing workflows with embedded insights that leverage machine learning techniques. You will have the opportunity to support the design, development, and deployment of new applications and features that will directly impact the client's bottom line, to ultimately provide better and more affordable healthcare. Our team uses a variety of technologies, from big data to the latest web frameworks. You will get to build state-of-the-art technology that is scalable and robust, utilizing cloud infrastructure, and full automation.
- Lead the Health Plan cloud strategy which is focused on delivering high performing big data analytical platforms and software solutions
- Provides architectural guidance and leadership related to the development, testing, and maintenance of cloud-based solutions
- Collaborates with other software engineers, domain experts, and end-users, to build the right solutions that address the business needs
- You know how to make engineering trade-offs and how to communicate them to others. You can prioritize many competing tasks on an aggressive timeline
- You are passionate about learning
- You obsess over automation and solution optimization
- You are entrepreneurial, business-minded, and are willing to take risks and advocate new ideas
- You enjoy mentoring/teaching others
- AWS Developer Certification/AWS SysOps Certification
- 5+ years of cloud solution engineering and architecture experience (AWS or other)
- 5+ CI/CD experience (Jenkins, CloudFormation etc.) and a TDD mindset
- 3+ Hands-on experience working on a Software Development/Engineering team
- 2+ years being part of Agile teams – Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with container management software (Docker/Kubernets)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent Technical Writing and Documentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred or the equivalent in education and experience
- NICE TO HAVE
- Prior healthcare experience
- AWS DevOps Certification
- Object-oriented languages: C, C++, Java, Scala, or other OO compiled language
- Web development frameworks: React, Angular (or other Node.js frameworks), Django, React-native, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Typically four or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of three years of experience in application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience
If interested, please email resume to Email blocked - click to apply
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178