Avangrid Renewables, a subsidiary of AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR), is a leading developer, owner, and operator of renewable energy facilities in the United States with an eight-gigawatt portfolio of onshore wind and solar projects across 22 states. Avangrid Renewables’ offshore wind business is pioneering this new industry with a development pipeline of five gigawatts off the East Coast. Our offshore portfolio consists of our 50% ownership in the first-in-the-nation Vineyard Wind 1 project, which will deliver 800 MW of clean energy into Massachusetts starting in 2023. Additionally, Avangrid Renewables owns 100% of Park City Wind, an 804 MW project to serve the state of Connecticut and Commonwealth Wind, a project that will deliver up to 1200 MW to Massachusetts. Finally, Avangrid Renewables owns 100% of Kitty Hawk Offshore Wind that has the potential to deliver 2,500 MW of clean energy into Virginia and North Carolina. The company will also actively pursue additional lease areas in the Atlantic and Pacific Coasts and the Gulf of Mexico.
We aspire to be the employer of choice by providing purposeful and challenging work revolutionizing the renewable energy industry in the United States. This role will support the senior management team that is developing, constructing and operating large scale offshore wind projects which will provide affordable, clean energy and will have a transformational impact on local communities. Avangrid Renewables’ offshore business is located in Boston, Massachusetts.
AVANGRID is part of the IBERDROLA Group, a global energy pioneer with the largest renewable asset base of any company in the world. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies – a list of America’s best corporate citizens – and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute.
OSW Senior Resources Analyst is the point of contact between Avangrid’s Human Resources, External agencies and the business responsible supporting resource planning, delivery & reporting, for successful operations for business and projects within the US Offshore Renewables business.
• Provides resources data input to the Avangrid and Global Resource team, so that US resource data is included in the Avangrid and global current and future resource demands within Offshore Renewables.
Skills and Requirements
• Working with Avangrid Human Resources ensures sufficient recruitment strategies are in place to deliver project pipeline resources requirements within the US.
• Understand the offshore wind resources market within the US, follow key changes within the US market and working with Avangrid Human Resources to adapt new US resourcing strategies
• implement US resource risk mitigation strategies where appropriate in collaboration with Avangrid HR to protect the Offshore Renewables business within the US and ensure market information is communicated to the Global Resource Department.
• Engage with project teams and business departments to understand new project requirements within the US, including any complexities surrounding any joint venture projects and the potential impact on resourcing models.
• Working with Avangrid Human Resources ensure compliance of all Offshore Renewables resources with working regulations, tax regulation, insurance, quality and health and safety requirements.
• Working with Business Performance support the management & transfer of the cost for internal resources, ensuring sufficient budget is forecasted and controlled on projects, within departments and within jurisdictions for internal staff and services.
• Support the administration of timesheet systems & outputs to ensure the appropriate allocation of time to OPEX & CAPEX budgets
• Manage input and update of US offshore business input into Avangrid and the global internal headcount budget process, managed by the Global Resource Department.
• Work with facilities and IT to forecast IT and office requirements, etc. within the US jurisdiction.
• Work with Avangrid HR within the US to deliver headcount forecasts, large recruitment campaigns and resourcing strategies within the US jurisdiction, in accordance with headcount forecasts and budgets set by the Global Resource Department.
• Work closely with hiring managers. Avangrid Talent Acquisition & external recruiters and facilitate / expedite all areas of the recruitment process of Avangrid employees.
• Manage the process of deploying international assignees to and from other business areas.
• Provide regular resourcing reports to US OSW Business and Global Resource Manager.
• Experience of recruiting & human resource processes
Our Selection Process
• Experience of resource and budget management/forecasting resource requirements on large-scale projects
• Experience of project resource and cost control management
• Attention to detail and accuracy and ability to meet deadlines
• Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent communications skills
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Requirement to travel including within the US, UK and Europe.
• Proficient in SAP, Microsoft Excel and Word
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality; will be required to enter into a confidentiality agreement
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this [ Link removed ]
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at
or [ Email address blocked ]
- Attention To Detail