We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Acciona offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance where relocation is required and approved, 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more.
The QA/QC Manager will be responsible for coordinating, implementing and maintaining all activities associated with the Quality Control and Assurance (QA/QC) of utility scale renewable solar projects during engineering and construction. The QA/QC Manager will be responsible for training Construction Engineers on quality related activities. The QA/QC Manager will ensure quality of all the PV projects in the portfolio have similar quality policies & procedures implemented.
Other responsibilities of the role are:
- Responsible for monitoring of construction quality to ensure that all work is installed in accordance with the plans, specifications, Acciona QA/QC requirements, code requirements, contract requirements, statutory and regulatory requirements and good construction practices. Ensure site quality verification inspections are performed properly.
- Review of QA/QC documentation associated with the renewable facilities, including but not limited to tie-ins, start-up, and testing to ensure proper turnover to operations. Participate in final project demobilization, documentation and close-out activities.
- Create, process, complete and maintain accurate documentation and records associated with the construction site including non-conformity reports, job books, request for information, submittals and drawings.
- Oversee the correct implementation of quality plans by Contractor
- Ensure homogeneous application of quality plans across different projects.
- Manage Non-Conformity Program,
- Manage Quality Audit Program
- Prepare, review and approve Acciona’s QA/QC plans.
- Review and approve suppliers and contractor’s provided QA/QC plans. Contractor’s QA/QC plans must be aligned with Acciona’s QA/QC plans, which will prevail in case of discrepancy.
- Follow Company’s processes and procedures to safely and effectively construct Acciona renewable generating facilities for “Best in Class Performance”.
- Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly project meetings. Maintain job specific meeting minutes and necessary logs.
- Frequently visit construction sites (60 to 70% of the time)
- Ensure consistency and effectiveness of QA/QC management of site activities.
- Oversee the QA/QC compliance of Acciona’s personnel and contractors on site during construction in accordance with federal, state and local laws, and Acciona policies, practices and procedures. Ensure all personnel and subcontractors meet technical and quality training requirements.
- Ensure control of all measuring equipment.
- Be proficient at Root Cause Analysis to accurately determine failure mode and reason.
- Identify preventative actions for continual improvement.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Provide all the information needed to create the daily reporting requirements for our internal and external customers, as well as KPI reporting.
- Assist in the training and support of new employees, specifically Construction Engineers.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- EIT Certification is a plus.
- At least 5 year experience in preparation and implementation of quality plans for construction sites,
- Experience in construction of energy facilities or renewable energy industry is a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with project management tools and systems (MS Project, Primavera), is a plus.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate detailed information accurately to internal / external customers.
- Demonstrate continuous commitment to safe operations.
- Be an active role model and constant resource to the organization.
- Ability to think and analyze situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel to up to 70% of the time to domestic and international locations.
- Have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Seeing/Comprehension: Must be able to read documents, reports, and computer screens and/or examine or inspect material or data. Required 50-100% of the time.
- Hearing: Must be able to communicate with customers and coworkers. Required: 50-100% of the time.
- Walking/Standing: Required 50-100% of the time.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Required 50-100% of the time.
- Hand/Finger Dexterity: Manipulating objects, equipment and/or using keyboard. Required 24-49% of the time.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination.
Product Quality Assurance