Lehigh Technical has an immediate need for an automation engineer. The candidate will lead the design, program, simulation and test of new production manufacturing automation and manufacturing cells that complete complex tasks. The ideal candidate will have a passion for mechanical design, manufacturing, and continuous improvement, while also adept at developing complex lifecycle projects including technically managing internal and external (contractors, vendors, and consultants) teams. We seek a hands-on problem solver, team player, and someone comfortable within an innovative, fast paced environment. Candidate must be able to design, fabricate, and build out the design of production automation utilizing machine shop equipment as well as outside vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Construction of Manufacturing cells: Hands on design, program, test development and build out of production manufacturing automation cells for long term production projects. Must be able to fabricate and / or modify components as need to complete designs.
Production Manufacturing Projects: Development of manufacturing part processes; part fixturing. Solve production part issues and drive continuous improvement.
Develop engineering documents: including work instructions, process sheets and drawings, and maintains these within a controlled document (ECN) system
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing engineering experience
- Proven record of delivering component / assembly level projects utilizing a structured development process
- Knowledge of manufacturing, injection molding, tool / mold design, automation, and secondary operations highly desirable
- Equipment and fixture design for low and high volume manufacturing
- Must be familiar with machine shop operations: turning, milling, EDM, CNC machining operations and be able to work on machine shop equipment to execute build out of designs.
- Must be familiar with statistical concepts such as FMEA, Gage R&R, Capability Studies, SPC & DOE
- Working knowledge of engineering drawings including application and interpretation of GD&T
- Fluent in CAD design using SolidWorks (preferred) or ProE
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative and self-direction in planning, organizing, documenting and solving problems with proven ability to lead cross functional projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in aerospace and/or defense manufacturing a plus
- Experience in polymer and metal injection molding a plus
Computer Numerical Control (Cnc)
Solid Works (Cad)
Creo Elements/Pro (Computer Aided Design Software)