Job ID: 477225
The Dolomite Group, a CRH Company, was founded in 1920 as an aggregate mining business. Over 100 years later, Dolomite continues to be the preferred supplier of Construction Aggregates, Hot Mix Asphalt, and Ready Mix Concrete for customers throughout the Greater Rochester Region and Southern Tier. Our high-quality Products, Culture of safety, and the strong dedication of our employees have always been the key to our success. If you're looking for a challenging, stable, and rewarding career in a thriving industry, apply today!
Reporting to the Equipment Manager, the truck mechanic will be responsible for performing all needed inspections and repairs on Ready Mix Trucks, Tractors and Trailers in a safe, effective manner.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Follow safety regulations according to provided training.
- Ability to listen and apply training to all aspects of the position.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using proper tools and equipment.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test equipment after repair to ensure proper performance with the manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance tasks on equipment.
- Read and understand operating and repair manuals.
- Diagnose faults using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, filters, taking oil samples, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment.
- Ensure compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Abide by Dolomite established Guiding Principles: Integrity, Communication, Recognition, Action and Results Oriented, Positive Attitude, Work Ethic, Growth and Development, and Commitment.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Possess a strong drive to fulfill commitments and tremendous enthusiasm.
- Requires evening & occasional weekend hours. Travel will be required inside the company’s operational area.
- Report to the assigned job site with appropriate personal protective equipment and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual and Covid protocols.
- Strict adherence to Dolomite policies and procedures as outlined in the Safety Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Candidate – Must be 18 or older.
- Heavy equipment technical schooling or equivalent experience in mechanical environment is highly encouraged.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building rapport, listening, presenting, giving, and receiving feedback.
- Welding, torching, mechanically inclined, heavy highway experience preferred
- A valid State CDL-license a plus.
- Understanding of leadership skills
- Strong communication skills a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Below outlines the physical requirements necessary to perform the duties of this job.
- Fine Motor
- Repetitive Motion
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- 0-10 lbs - Frequently
- 10-25 lbs - Frequently
- 25-50 lbs - Occasionally
- 50-100 lbs - Occasionally
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Below outlines the potential work environment the employees may be exposed to while performing the duties of this job.
- Hot Weather - Frequently
- Cold Weather - Frequently
- Wet Weather - Frequently
- Exposed to Noise - Frequently
- Exposed to High Heat - Occasionally
- Moving Equipment - Occassionally
- Working with Others - Continuous
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Dolomite Products Co., Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Truck Mechanic - Brockport NY.
- Electrical Systems
- Air Conditioning
- Electrical Sockets
- Preventive Maintenance
- Circuit Switches