For 35 years The BridgeWay has been connecting with communities throughout Arkansas and beyond. The BridgeWay offers a continuum of services designed to help children, adolescents and adults who are experiencing behavioral, emotional or addictive problems that can lead to fractured lives. Our team of professionals includes board-certified child/adolescent and adult psychiatrists, master’s-level clinical therapists, nurses and mental health associates who are here to help people reconnect with their families, friends and employers so that they may lead productive lives. Tucked within the wooded hills of Central Arkansas, The BridgeWay is just moments away from the major highways that unite Arkansans throughout the state. Founded in 1983 and accredited by The Joint Commission, our quiet campus has retained much of the cozy charm and character that existed then. The BridgeWay is part of the UHS network which is on the list of Fortune 500 for “World’s Most Admired Companies”. UHS benefits program offers a diverse range of healthcare, life insurance and disability benefits to help meet the needs of UHS employees and their families. These benefits include medical, dental, vision, insurance/income protection, retirement/savings plans and flexible spending accounts. UHS has been transforming healthcare for 40 years.
As a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team, the UR Coordinator provides: evaluation of professional medical care, services, procedures, and facilities against pre-established criteria; performs admission and concurrent review of all patients against pre-established criteria; appeals adverse decisions by external review agencies; works to assist with collection of outcomes data; provides contacts with outpatient provider, referral sources, and other vendors; as needed. The UR Coordinator interfaces with other departments, mental health professionals, external review agencies, referral sources, community service agencies, businesses, employers, and healthcare facilities; the UR Coordinator ensures compliance of quality patient care and compliance with the Joint Commission standards, State Health Department requirements, and all other regulatory standards.
Licenses or Certifications: Possess or be eligible for current Arkansas licensure in specialty preferred. Employee should have current CPR and CPI certifications, or must obtain within 2-weeks of hire (offered onsite). Employee must maintain certification with CPR and CPI as a condition of employment.
Total education, vocational training and experience: Bachelors Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work or related field, or equivalent experience and professional education in utilization review management is the formal education requirement. Masters degree and/or Arkansas license as LMSW, LCSW, LAC, LPC, LPN, or RN preferred. Minimum of one (1) year experience performing utilization review in a psychiatric setting, preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills to communicate in a clear, concise manner with patients, families, physicians, referral sources, hospital staff, and the public, as well as provide accurate and timely documentation and record-keeping.
- Must be thoroughly conversant with the principles of utilization review and quality assurance.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Must be able to interact with patients, visitors, physicians, and hospital personnel in a professional manner.
- Good organizational and time management skills are required to cope in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions, complex schedules, and fluctuations in census.
- Physical demands include daily sitting, standing, walking, and movement, as well as meeting patients and families.