At Caribou Coffee we create day-making experiences that spark a chain reaction of GOOD! This is our purpose. Our team brings this to life by focusing on what's really important around here - TEAM, GUEST, QUALITY! It's that simple. If you're ready to work somewhere you can be yourself while making an impact on your community, creating life-long relationships, and serving the best coffee around, join our herd! Apply today and be part of the 'Bou Crew! Position Overview:
The Shift Leader is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the store in partnership with the General Manager or the Assistant General Manager. The Shift Leader is responsible for ensuring the team has a clear understanding of goals, expectations, products, cleanliness, new directives and guest connections during the shift.DOING - What you deliver:
- Demonstrates mastery of the DOING of Team Member with ease, enthusiasm and excellence
- Lead shifts that focus on team engagement and guest satisfaction with an unwavering commitment to Make Fun Happen
- Thinks strategically about maximizing product sales and waste management
- Demonstrates "total store vision" to take ownership of the look and feel of the store
BEING - How you show up:
- Knowledgeable about the deployment for the day, and the roles and responsibilities associated
- Consistently leverages effective communication on the floor during the shift
- Sees the needs of the team and guest and addresses situations before they become problematic
- Understands the multiple priorities of the shift and effectively communicates and delegates objectives and tasks
- Takes ownership not only for the current shift, but also the shift that follows
- Responsible for ensuring that the team is executing SOP and quality standards correctly and consistently
- Actively - and in the moment - coaches and gives feedback to Team Members to ensure they are bringing their best DOING and BEING to their role
- Trains team on role responsibilities, product knowledge and promotional items
- Performs administrative tasks with integrity and to completion, including, but not limited to bank deposits, inventory, store product orders and others as assigned.
- Actively develops Team Members and is in conversations about career and professional growth.
- Brings the Core Values to life in all that you do: Support One Another, Make Fun Happen, Be Yourself, Take Ownership, Serve With Love
- Takes ownership for their impact on other people and actively manages how they show up
- Demonstrates confidence and owns the decision-making responsibility of being the Manager on Duty
- Is resilient under pressure and brings a being of calm in critical moments
- Brings joyfulness to leading the team, serving guests and being a community member
- Seeks to be of service and create success for others
- Brings enthusiasm and curiosity to the responsibility of being a subject matter expert and helping others grow
- Demonstrates the humility and curiosity needed to be a leader of a diverse group of people and shows an eagerness to grow and learn
- Gives powerful feedback and always looking to make the biggest difference by coaching the team from commitment, not compliance
- Takes ownership for, and is eager to, make a positive impact on others
- Seeks to create an inclusive and inspiring culture on every shift with every team member
- Takes full ownership of their own development and actively seeks feedback and growth opportunities
- At least 1 year of leadership, restaurant, retail or customer service experience required, or properly trained and approved by Caribou Coffee to take responsibility as a Shift Leader.
- Ability to work at least one of the following: early mornings, evenings, some holidays and/or weekends.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Address: | 2100 London Rd , Duluth, Minnesota 55812 |
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical demands may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou Coffee reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the company or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Company") are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities and do not discriminate based on gender identity or sexual orientation.Brand:
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Deposit Accounts