To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greenbelt, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Electromechanical Technician
SGT Inc • Greenbelt, MD
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Develop test plans and procedures to support bench top and vacuum chamber tests for high voltage applications at component and subsystem levels; conduct tests, collect and analyze data and report results.
- Develop EGSE and data acquisition systems to collect test data using commercial of the shelf hardware and standard lab equipment (Multimeters, oscilloscopes).
- Develop harness assembly drawings, bill of material for EGSE
- Perform schematic design in support of Printed Wiring Board (PWB) development as well as oversee board layout and testing.
- Provide fabrication, assembly, and test services for EGES and FLIGHT
- Fabricate flight wire harnesses and install into electromechanical assemblies
- PWB assembly, rework, soldering, and testing
- Set up, and maintain TVAC chamber, and run test procedures
- Work within a team to coordinate activities and accomplish objectives.
- Prior experience in operating laboratory instrumentation, test equipment, and high voltage safety practices.
- Ability to follow established procedures
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ten years of professional experience with minimum two years of applicable experience.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a Government background investigation for access to government facilities.
- Familiarity with high voltage power supplies including vacuum potting techniques, high dielectric constant materials and vacuum systems in general.
- Current or previous workmanship certifications for Polymerics Applications, Soldering, Harness and Cable assembly, and mate/de-mate, and ESD.
- Familiarity with Schematic capture and PWB lay-out software.
- Experience with spaceflight hardware is preferred; prior experience with and/or exposure to Goddard Space Flight Center / NASA activities is highly desired.