A Maintenance Clerk's first responsibility is to maintain a clean, safe, and healthy work environment, and to ensure customer requirements are met and build customer loyalty by providing unparalleled customer service.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Experience in understanding lighting, HVAC and refrigeration systems within the supermarket industry; Prior maintenance/cleaning experience
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 100 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow Team Members and customers.
- Always conduct business with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for our Company. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of internal and external customers at all times.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are met.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Perform cleanups on spills.
- Empty trash containers.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Customer Service
- Food Safety
- Loyalty Programs