The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes assisting in the development of the internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units while focusing on financial, information technology and operational processes.
Demonstrates support of the SRAlab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
Demonstrates SRAlab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and SRAlab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
- Performs individual audit projects as part of the total internal audit plan.
- Performs follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues and validates the effectiveness of action plans developed in response to audit recommendations.
- Creates audit work papers that comply with department standards for content and quality.
- Provide clear and actionable recommendations in verbal and/or written format.
- Clearly communicates issues, including preparing comprehensive written reports, and pursue effective and timely resolution to issues. Works with key staff members and business unit management as needed.
- Assists the Director of Internal Audit with periodic reporting to the Audit Committee, development of the annual internal audit plan, and championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports directly to Director, Internal Audit.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Three or more years of public accounting and/or private industry audit experience with knowledge of accounting, finance, information technology and internal control areas preferred.
- Prior health care experience is a plus.
- CPA or CIA designation is a plus.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and has experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively present to management and work with a team environment.
- Exhibit the leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
- Limited travel to SRAlab sites of care.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please click "APPLY NOW"
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.