The Facility Manager is responsible for managing the facility techs and janitors. Reporting to the General Manager and responsible for all duties pertaining to maintenance of the facility.
- Schedules employees; ensures the effective supervision of Facility Techs and Janitors; may administer collective bargaining agreement provisions.
- Coordinates work performed by outside vendors.
- Oversees the development of efficient repair schedules; reviews repair cost estimates.
- Approves priority of maintenance and repairs based on availability of materials and parts and requirements of scheduled operations.
- Helps to ensure that company and client equipment is maintained and operating efficiently.
- Controls and monitors inventory.
- Ensures that the Facility is clean, all equipment properly working.
- Develops and implements safety policies and procedures for the department; maintains a safe working environment.
- Works with the Maintenance Manager and Purchasing Manager on operational and Facility budget.
- Identifies opportunities reduce cost and improve productivity.
- Daily walks of the facility to ensure all, grounds, and buildings are clean and well organized.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required :
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- 7 years or more of progressively responsible experience in the repair and maintenance of Facilities and at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Broad understanding of all mechanical systems related to heavy duty transportation vehicles.
- Familiarity with laws/regulations associated with the safe operation of maintenance facilities.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read blue prints, schematics, and other mechanical and/or electrical diagrams.
- Ability to read and write routine reports, forms, and other documentation or correspondence.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to details.
- Ability to work well with labor.
- Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% for occasional meetings.
- Must submit to drug testing and a criminal background check.
- Must be able to pass and maintain a DOT physical examination.
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp environment with moderate noise.
For more information please visit our website at\\www.transdevna.com/careers\\
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:\\http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm\\
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-10648
Position Category Maintenance/Mechanics/Parts/Utility/Materials
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 11123
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services
Use Hand Tool