To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Las Vegas, NV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Colorado River Commission of Nevada • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Unclassified Position Announcement Natural Resource Specialist (Senior Accountant)
The Colorado River Commission of Nevada (Commission), an agency of the State of Nevada, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Senior Accountant in its Finance Group. This is an unclassified, full-time position with the Nevada State Government. Recruitment: Open to all qualified candidates, vacancy in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Salary: Depending on experience, salary range of up to $113,506/year. (Salary range reflects retirement (PERS) contributions by both the employee and employer. An employer paid contributions plan is also available with a reduced gross salary.) Applications Will Be Accepted Until: April 18, 2019.
The Senior Accountant is a mid-to-high level accounting position, reporting to the Group Lead Accountant of the Finance Group (Group), interacts with all Commission staff, employees of many other State Agencies and employee representatives of the Commission's customers. The Senior Accountant has a diverse set of responsibilities and must be very adept at organizing his/her time, identifying priorities, meeting internal and external deadlines, managing and maintaining professional relationships with a host of professional colleagues (including but not limited to Attorneys, Engineers, Certified Public Accountants (C.P.A.), Certified Public Managers (C.P.M.), etc.), and others. The Commission uses an online voucher, deposit and fixed asset acquisition system through the Controllers' Office in Carson City, as well as an online interface system specifically for travel and procurement card payment vouchers through the Purchasing Division in Carson City, with additional online systems for producing the Commission's comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR), payroll, personnel and other accounting related functions.
Colorado River Commission of Nevada March 19, 2019 Unclassified Position Announcement Page 2 Senior Accountant The Senior Accountant's primary job function includes:
- Responsible for reconciling all Commission transactions (revenue/expense) to the related State Controller's Office reports on a monthly. More frequent reconciliations and analysis may be necessary for specific agency accounts.
- Preparing and reconciling various other financial data. Analyzing data trends and making necessary, appropriate and informed decisions regarding the data.
- Monthly input, preparation and analysis of revenue/expense reports related to the Power Delivery (PD) function - the electric facilities operations group.
- Compiling, preparing, reconciling and issuing a monthly invoice for the Energy Services function, the electric power marketing group which encompasses the monthly PD report as well as other related transactions.
- Preparing various cost and overhead allocations on a bi-weekly to quarterly basis using fixed and variable components.
- Monitoring and analyzing budgets on a monthly-basis and reporting information to the Finance Group Chief.
- Monitoring and reviewing data entry within the on-line voucher and deposit system.
- Working closely with the clerical administrative staff in support of the Commission's internal invoicing and revenue tracking system.
- Review of the Commission's Hydropower revenue function, and related spreadsheets, reconciliations, reporting, and analysis.
- Responsible for coordinating and ordering agency fleet vehicles. Reconciling and updating agency inventory annually in the online fixed asset acquisition system.
- Acting as an additional point of contact as necessary for the Commission with other State agencies such as the Treasurer, Controller, Vendor Services, Payroll, Retirement, Purchasing, and Budget offices.
- Backup responsibility for payroll including review and approval of bi-weekly payroll reconciliations.
- Backup responsibility for the online interface system for travel and procurement card payment process.
- Acting as back-up contact for employee questions related to insurance, retirement and other employee benefits.
- Assisting the Group Lead Accountant and Finance Group Chief with special reports; preparing and providing information for outside auditors, federal, state and other agencies as needed.
- These reports include reports prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (G.A.A.P.) and governmental accounting standards.
- Other reports may be prepared in compliance with specific reporting requirements.
- Colorado River Commission of Nevada March 19, 2019 Unclassified Position Announcement Page 3 Senior Accountant
- Assisting the Group Lead Accountant in the compilation, preparation, completion and review of the Commission's annual CAFR.
- Compiling, maintaining, reviewing and reconciling as necessary various Excel schedules and reports for internal-use, many other reports and account analysis as assigned by the Group Lead Accountant or Finance Group Chief.
- Other special projects or assignments as assigned by the Group Lead Accountant or Finance Group Chief.
- Attending monthly Commission meetings, preparing for and participating in various internal meetings, providing input, analyses and other information as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business related, C.P.A. highly preferred, and at least three years of progressively responsible financial accounting and financial statement reporting experience within the last five years, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in performing government and/or utility accounting functions.
- Recent working knowledge of governmental accounting theory, principles, governmental accounting standards board (GASB) statement preparation, record keeping practice and theory.
- Ability to use logic, reason and analytical skills to identify potential problems in financial statements and accounting records, construct and analyze basic spreadsheets and to communicate the solutions identified.
- Skill in using spreadsheet and word processing software; accounting software, financial statement preparation software (CaseWare or similar preferred), producing accounting entries and coding including journal and adjusting entries, and experience in closing procedures; using a variety of systems and sources to obtain data and information.
- Because this position must deal with many different individuals and personality types at all levels of government and customer staff, the personal relationship skills and professional communication abilities will be one of the most important attributes of candidates considered.
A background investigation is required with a conditional offer of employment.
Additionally, feel free to submit a letter of interest and resume to: Gina Lee Goodman Office Manager Colorado River Commission of Nevada 555 E. Washington Avenue, Suite 3100 Las Vegas, NV 89101 E-mails submissions will be accepted and should be sent to: Colorado River Commission of Nevada March 19, 2019 Unclassified Position Announcement Page 4 Senior Accountant [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] Note to Applicant: In your letter of interest please indicate how you heard about the position. If you heard about this position through a website, please specify which website. Posted: March 19, 2019